Grow Your People, Grow Your Business Workshop Series
Date: 29th September 2021
Time: 9:30am - 12:30pm
Theme: Leadership & Mentoring, People, Skills & Talent
Sorry this event has already taken place - please see our forthcoming events list
Programme is now fully booked but if you wish to be added to a waiting list please register
Grow Your People, Grow Your Business – SME Leadership and Workforce Development Programme
This fully-funded programme is designed for business leaders and owners to develop the growth of their business, productivity and profit through their biggest asset: their people.
Now in cohort 8 of our popular leadership programme, the Grow Your People, Grow Your Business Leadership and Workforce Development Programme is available to Greater Manchester SME leaders looking to improve their people focus to drive their business growth. The aim of the programme is to help you: build leadership effectiveness; develop employee engagement; maximise staff motivation and satisfaction; boost performance and growth; and increase productivity.
Eligible businesses can attend a series of five highly interactive online workshops. All are led by experienced Business Advisors with a focus on peer-learning and practical takeaways. The programme is fully-funded by ERDF, Northern Powerhouse, GMCA and GM LEP, so the only cost to you is your time commitment. You will also benefit from a dedicated Business Advisor from Business Growth Hub’s People, Skills and Talent Team to complement the workshop with 1-2-1 support.
Places are limited so please register now to secure your place.
Wednesday 29th September – Leadership Essentials:
- Understand the skills to build, lead and motivate individuals and teams to enhance business performance.
- Look at consequences of poor leadership and management
- Showing good leadership and management can help grow and further improve your business potentially in terms of turnover, staff retention and profile of company.
Wednesday 6th October – Human Resource Basics:
- Insights into the HR function and how it impacts on your business, staff and performance.
- Look at the consequences of not managing/neglecting the HR function
- By managing/maintaining your HR function, how it can help grow and further improve your business potentially in terms of turnover, staff retention and profile of company.
Wednesday 13th October – Talent Recruitment & Retention:
- Develop practical strategies to ensure you hire the best talent for your business as well as boosting employee engagement and retention.
- Strategies for reaching a wider talent audience to meet your skills set requirements and increase job applications
- Understanding, developing and promoting your ‘Employer Brand’ to increase your profile to potential candidates (and existing staff)
Wednesday 20th October – Performance Management:
- Explore how ongoing performance management can motivate your team, spot individual potential and maintain a company-wide focus in achieving your business goals.
- Discover how to take objectives and turn them into measurable actions and outcomes which both benefit the business and the employee.
Thursday 4th November – Mentoring in the Workplace:
- Harness the power of your experienced staff to develop the skills and confidence of your team.
- How does mentoring benefit people and organisations and how to implement mentoring in your organisation
Eligibility criteria includes:
- Greater Manchester based SME
- 249 staff or less
- Annual turnover less than € 50m or balance sheet less than €43m
- Registration required