Greater Manchester is experiencing a renaissance across the food and drink scene, especially acclaimed for its recent surge in independent businesses. What unites our region’s success stories is the willingness to be bold, to be different; it’s what we’re famous for being in the North.
We’re looking for businesses that simply live and breathe great food and drink, and looking to expand their business into new or existing markets.
Whether you’re a brewery, bakery, soft drink, ice cream or other producer, or a restaurant, deli or cafe looking to commercialise a great product – our Recipe4Success programme’s got something for you.
Recipe4Success is a comprehensive programme of support for Greater Manchester-based SME food and drink businesses* with the aspiration to grow.
Take your business to the next level with our tailored series of food and drink specific workshops and networking events designed to help you overcome barriers and succeed.
*Eligibility and Suitability Criteria Apply
- Demystifying the food safety systems such as HACCP, SALSA and BRC
- Bringing a product to market-taste, texture, shelf life, nutritional analysis and labelling
- Raising the profile of your brand through branding and graphic design – both on and off-pack
- Preparing for and approaching buyers − an insider’s view of how buyers, both large and small, think
- An audience with Morrisons − listen to the views and experiences of a real buyer
- Practice pitching session and feedback from an experienced ex-buyers
- An introduction to selling overseas for the first time by experienced international trade advisors
- End of program networking event attended by the press − a chance to share your learning and products with like-minded businesses and perhaps a little trade
- Invitation only event − your opportunity to meet with and discuss your products for potential listing with a buyer(s)
Our latest Recipe4Success programme will launch on Tuesday 9 January 2018. All the workshops will be held in Central Manchester, close to Oxford Road train station. Workshop dates are as follows:
Food Safety, 30 January 2018
Bringing a Product to Market, 6 February 2018
An Audience with Morrisons, 14 February 2018
Branding, 20 February 2018
Selling your Product, 28 February 2018
Pitching, 6 March 2018
Selling overseas/e-Commerce, 13 March 2018
For those arriving by car, a discounted parking ticket for the NCP on great Bridgewater Street will be available (£6.50 all day parking).