Digital City Festival 2022
2 March 2022
GC Business Growth Hub is delighted to be sponsoring Digital City Festival 2022 as a sector expert. The Hub will be exhibiting at a dedicated stand with team members present from Access to Finance, Digital Creative and Tech, and Skills for Growth. The Hub’s Green Technologies team will also be holding a panel session on all things Digital Green Tech.
GC Business Growth Hub is sponsoring Digital City Festival 2022 on 7-11 March. Come to visit us at our stand and talk to business support experts from Access to Finance, Digital Creative and Tech, and Skills for Growth.
The Hub’s Green Technologies and Service Sector team will also be holding a panel session on all things Digital Green Tech.
The event, returning to Manchester Central after being held digitally last year, will see thought leaders from across the world come together to address the key challenges facing people, businesses and governments following the pandemic.
- Katherine Burden, Senior Advisor for the Hub’s Green Technologies and Service Sector team: “How Digital Technology is Advancing the Net Zero transition”
- Panel speakers from Ovon Technologies and QEnergy
Janine Smith, Director of GC Business Growth Hub, believes it is an occasion for GC and the Hub to demonstrate their wide range of digital support:
“We are always looking for opportunities to bring our expertise to a wider audience and DCF is a chance for us to enhance our digital impact. It’s an opportunity to hear from leaders and gain insight which will help both our own services and improve businesses from a breadth of different areas.
“I know the hard work being done by my colleagues in the Hub to ensure our stand will be as informative and beneficial to all who visit, and it should be a fantastic occasion for all involved.”
Here are some more reasons why you should attend:
- Meet industry experts like Carrie Rose, Dominic McGregor, Ellie Middleton, Dominique Elsey, and Richard Barlow
- Hear from leading companies such as Google, New Look, Microsoft, Orla Kiely, and Weetabix
- Network with attendees and exhibitors from around the world
- Find and try new innovations from a variety of digital businesses
- Manchester's new digital strategy will be revealed LIVE by Leader of Manchester City CouncilBev Craig
- Panels about neurodiversity, NFTsand the metaverse
- Our Headline Partners Fastand Klaviyo will share their unique insights into advances in ecommerce and customer experience
- Chance to win a pair of Bose Noise Cancelling Headphonesor an Apple Watch (courtesy of Peek & Poke)
On Tuesday 8 March, GMCA will be hosting two Digital City Festival fringe events:
- Collaborating to get Greater Manchester residents online00am - 10.30am, this event will demonstrate how Greater Manchester organisations are collaborating to fix the digital divide, showcasing local initiatives already underway and demonstrating how attendees can support this work.
- Building Greater Manchester’s future digital workforce-12.30pm - 2.30pm. The event will share current digital talent development regionally and skills provision available with an emphasis on how businesses can benefit from utilising these schemes. It will also take a look at the how we see the future digital workforces developing.
To find out more on Digital City Festival, visit their website here.