Date: 26th April 2023
Location: Central Manchester
Time: 9:30am - 12:30pm
Theme: Open new markets & Export, Business Strategy
Sorry this event has already taken place - please see our forthcoming events list
Working Internationally with Cultural Fluency
A useful and practical introduction to global differences and how these impact the way we need to work with international partners and clients.
This session will cover:
- An introduction to Global Awareness, including areas such as trust, hierarchy, time, and decision making.
- Building relationships internationally.
- Presenting information to different audiences.
- A short introduction to Global Communication, with a particular focus on English.
- Time for reflection on our own styles and how we’d like to interact with each other moving forward.
The session will be a combination of training delivery, hands-on activities, and time for reflection and planning. The session will be engaging and interactive, with practical examples and useful tips to take away.
Attendees will leave the session with:
- An understanding of global differences and how these impact the world of business
- Skills to more effectively engage with international clients and partners in order to create longer-lasting business relationships
- An understanding of the basics of International English
- A plan to adapt their communication and interaction moving forwards which will enable better engagement and success
Bio of Deliverer
Kellie Noon has recently joined the Growth Company to provide more support on the Global Scale Up programme which she has worked with for the past few years.
Kellie has run a training provider specialising in global communications and business since 2014 and has worked with organisations across the globe predominantly on international business development including cross-cultural management and communications training.
Kellie’s work encourages a holistic understanding and integration of multi-national and multi-lingual teams and an understanding of global differences to encourage understanding and growth.
Our Workshops are part-funded by European Regional Development Fund. The workshops are delivered free of charge to participants; however, as they are fully-funded, they are classed as state aid to participating businesses and are subject to state aid rules.
- Business based in Greater Manchester.
- SME - Small or medium enterprise i.e.: less than 249 employees
- Annual Turnover less than 50 Million Euro OR Balance Sheet less than 43 million Euro.