Date: 13th July 2018
Location: AMS Neve, AMS Technology Park, Billington Rd, Burnley, BB11 5UB
Time: 7:30am - 2:00pm
Theme: Operational efficiency
Sorry this event has already taken place - please see our forthcoming events list
Do you want your workforce to work smarter (not harder) and maximise the profitability of your business? This practical workshop will lay the foundation for your team to work together and embed a culture of continuous improvement.
The session will provide an in-depth look at the lean manufacturing techniques – 5S and Single Minute Exchange of Die (SMED). During practical exercises, your advisor will explain the theory behind these tools and demonstrate how you can implement them within your operation to eliminate waste, promote teamwork and embed a culture of continuous improvement.
By the end of the workshop participants will:
- understand the theory of 5S and SMED
- be able to identify waste across the operation which will increase efficiency and productivity
- acknowledge the benefit of team working and standardisation of processes
- be equipped to propose and implement improvements
- be motivated to operate in a culture of continuous improvement
Why should I attend?
This session will empower you and your teams to identify waste streams and continuously seek to improve this process. These improvements will help you to eliminate waste, improve customer responsiveness and drive productivity.
Who should attend?
- Business owners or leaders looking to implement change
- Production/Operations managers or leaders
- Established operatives in your business
*Please note that the workshop is exclusively for SME Manufacturing businesses. Non manufacturers will not be permitted to attend
|07.30||Registration, networking and breakfast|
|08.00||Welcome, housekeeping and group introductions|
|08.20||The Manufacturing Growth Fund|
|08.30||Introductions to Continuous Improvement techniques: 5S and SMED|
|09.15||The Planks Game Part 1|
|10.15||Group feedback with refreshments|
|10.30||The Planks Game Part 2|
|11.30||The Planks Game Part 3|
|12.15||Workshop feedback, review of 5S & SMED and implementation planning with working lunch|
|13.30||Clinic with manufacturing advisors - how to access funding or support for your business|