Here for Business: Ukraine Crisis
At the Hub we’re deeply concerned about the situation in the Ukraine and the impact upon its people. We recognise that our local business community is facing another period of change that could impact upon operations, business resilience, and employees. The Hub is 'Here for Business' and below we’ve collated some resources to help you understand the evolving crisis and access support in key areas if needed.
What does the Ukraine crisis mean for your business?
The CBI recently hosted a webinar on what your business needs to know, including:
- How you can support employees directly impacted by the situation
- An update on the economic ramifications, including trading, energy and commodity prices, and global supply chains
- An expert briefing on implementing economic sanctions and how your business can improve cyber resilience.
Resources for Employers
Have an enquiry about trading with Ukraine or Russia?
Ask the Government's export support team on 0300 303 8955 or through the form below.
Reduce the risk of unauthorised access to personal information stored on business networks.Learn more
Resources for charities
In response to the situation in Ukraine, the Charity Commission and Fundraising Regulator have issued a statement on the implications for charities signposting to relevant guidance including the following.
What you can do to help
The new sponsorship scheme enables individuals, charities, community groups and businesses to volunteer accommodation.Learn more
The Disasters Emergency Committee has launched a Ukraine appeal to raise funds quickly and efficiently providing humanitarian relief.Learn more
This initiative provides an easy and direct way for employers to communicate job opportunities to Ukrainian nationals coming to the UK.Learn more
- The UK has announced a new package of sanctions on Russia and Belarus including further import tariffs on products worth £1.4 billion. View here (8 May).
- The government has published new guidance for businesses considering making offers of employment to people coming to the UK from Ukraine. View here (6 May)
- The Home Office is hosting a webinar from 2:00 – 3:00pm on 4 May on visa routes for Ukrainian nationals, how to carry out right to work/rent checks, and support and guidance for employers and landlords. View here (29 April).
- The UK has announced new trade measures to support Ukraine. View here (25 April)
- The UK Government has announced further trade sanctions against Russia – expanding the list of products facing import bans and increasing tariffs. View here (21 April)
- Regulations will protect Homes for Ukraine sponsors’ council tax discounts for single persons and limit impact on council tax payments for those sponsoring a family in a second property. View here (11 April)
- The government has confirmed that companies making dwellings available to support the Homes for Ukraine scheme will be relieved from the Annual Tax on Enveloped Dwellings (ATED) and the 15% rate of Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT). View here (31 March)
- The Cabinet Office has published a Procurement Policy Note for public sector organisations holding contracts with Russian or Belarusian suppliers.View here (28 March)
- Research and innovation sanctions on Russia and support for Ukraine. View here (27 March)
- The government has published guidance on Homes for Ukraine outlining important information for sponsors including responsibilities of sponsors and how sponsors may support their guests. View here (25 March)
- The Foreign Secretary has announced 65 new Russian sanctions targeting strategic industries, banks and business elites. View here (24 March)
- UK Export Finance has announced it will no longer issue any new guarantees, loans and insurance for exports to Russia and Belarus, whilst retaining £3.5 billion of financial support for trade to Ukraine. View here (15 March)
- New sanctions announced by the UK government will deny Russia and Belarus access to Most Favoured Nation tariffs for hundreds of their exports and ban UK exports of high-end luxury goods to both countries. View here (15 March)
- The Government has published questions and answers on how the Homes for Ukraine scheme will work. View here (14 March)
- The Chancellor has called on UK firms to “think very carefully” about investing in Russia. View here (13 March)