Date: 12th - 13th December 2022
Location: Oldham Events Centre
Time: 9:30am - 4:30pm
Theme: People, Skills & Talent
Sorry this event has already taken place - please see our forthcoming events list
Session 1: Monday 12th December 9.30-16.30
Session 2: Tuesday 13th December 9.30-16.30
These two highly participative and interactive workshops are designed to help Business Owners and Owner/Managers take the next steps from starting their business to building a future. The workshops will enable everyone to think bigger and plan effectively to create the working culture you want and where people want to work for you. This includes decision making and planning to take on additional people, making sure you have the right systems and processes and understanding what type of people would suit your business, in order to help scale up your business venture.
Throughout the two workshops we will use a blend of new thinking, best practice, theory, group and individual exercises, together with reflective learning. The first workshop will look at the skills and behaviours necessary to attract, recruit and retain good people who will contribute to your business improvement and success. It will enable you to think about how to plan a recruitment and selection campaign, develop interview skills and techniques and help you make the right decision to bring new talent into your business.
The second workshop will look how you should; support, engage, train and develop your new recruits, to add further value to your business. All of this happens whilst managing and measuring their performance and motivating them to become an integral part of your business.
What will attendees learn / take away from the session?
- Plan where and how you will aim to attract new recruits to your business
- Prepare and plan effective interviews to meet specific recruitment requirements
- Conduct interviews effectively, lawfully and ethically, following due process
- Record relevant information and outcomes
- Practice Interviewing skills and making decisions against key criteria
- Provide feedback during progress and from interviews as appropriate
- Consider the most appropriate values and behaviours required from yourselves and your new recruits to become more successful
- Prepare an effective induction to ensure the best possible start for new recruits
- Create regular supportive and motivating ways to manage and measure performance
- Develop your team to help grow your business for the future
Bio of Deliverer
We will have a mix of trainers delivering this programme as we roll it out. They will include; Tom and Barbara who between them have been involved in Learning and Development for over 40 years, working in both the Public and Private sectors, Nationally and Internationally, and as consultants, trainers, coaches and facilitators.
As well as designing and delivering numerous learning and development programmes, they both have extensive experience in the field of Coaching and Mentoring for; Junior and Middle Managers through to Board level.
They are also accredited Belbin, Success Insights and MBTI practitioners.
They are both highly engaging facilitators, each bringing humour and fun to their events and their enthusiasm contributes to making them great motivators. Their passion is helping people stretch their capabilities and making them feel like they can achieve anything.