Complete Construction – Don’t Just Build, Grow!
Date: 13th February - 7th May 2020
Location: Stockport Business & Innovation Centre
Time: 9:00am - 4:00pm
Theme: Sustainability, Business Strategy, Operational efficiency
Sorry this event has already taken place - please see our forthcoming events list
Calling all Manchester-based SME construction firms looking for innovative ways to drive your growth and gain access to Tier-One supply contracts. The Complete Construction Programme from the Business Growth Hub will cover all the topics you need to understand to get your firm ready for growth in 2020.
Over six interactive workshops you’ll be exposed to a full range of commercial skills and ideas that will help you drive business development and enable change. Our sector specific content will allow you to identify what makes your business tick, develop effective plans and help you achieve your strategic goals.
The Complete Construction Programme has been designed to ensure that you are investing in your leaders, to get you tender-ready and, crucially, make you match-fit for the future growth and demands of the construction sector.
Thursday 13th February - Strategy Mapping
In a dynamic and interactive day, we’ll help your construction business to:
- Better understand the essential elements that make your business tick
- Identify your strengths and areas for improvement
- Find where the real value is in your company and how to build on it
- Discover if you have all the relevant disciplines in place
- Gain useful insight from other attendees and from tier one construction firms
- Start the process of building a winning, long-term strategy
Wednesday 26th February - Construction Specific Tendering
Award winning tendering expert Emma Jacques will give you all you need to know to successfully find and bid for lucrative tenders. Attendees will:
- Know where to look for new opportunities
- Understand the golden rules of bidding
- Gain clear insight in how to prepare a compelling bid or proposal
- Receive useful background about how public procurement works
- Get to grips with social value and its importance in the bidding process
Thursday 12th March - Pitching
The four P’s of perfect pitching:
- Selling yourself and your business
- The body language of presenting
- Responding to tenders – what your contractor wants to see
- Developing your personal pitch; learning skills for life
- Practice pitching; our very own Dragon’s Den
Thursday 26th March - Leadership Development & Social Values Policies
- Establishing individual objectives
- Company /team culture – outline
- Managing and leading
- Approaches to leading
- Sources of authority and ‘power’
- Personal impact
- ‘Stock take’
- Team development
- Allocation and Delegation
- Responsibility and accountability
- Personal Action Plan
Thursday 23rd April Financial Management
- Understanding the importance of Financial Management
- The importance of accurate costing in an ever-changing industry
- Developing a compelling proposition
- Communicating your plan
- Fundraising; Understanding the market; Funding Options; Where do you fit in?
- Legal perspectives
- Manging and planning for exiting your business
Thursday 7th May - Environmental & Social Value Credentials
This is for businesses looking to increase their social value contribution and boost the environmental sustainability of their construction process.
- What is sustainable construction?
- Environmental Impacts and the law
- Industry Standards and how to use them
- Emerging Technology: can it boost sector productivity & sustainability?
- Business drivers for Inclusive Growth
- How to measure and report on Social Value
- The Project Roles that make or break a sustainable build
- Green Skills for the Future