Date: 19th March 2019
Location: Central Manchester
Time: 10:00am - 4:00pm
Theme: Business Strategy, Operational efficiency
Sorry this event has already taken place - please see our forthcoming events list
Our Workshops are part-funded by European Regional Development Funds.
Our workshops are delivered free of charge to participants; however, as they are fully-funded, they are classed as state aid to participating businesses and are subject to state aid rules and the associated eligibility criteria:
Greater Manchester Clients Only
SME: Small or medium enterprise i.e. less than 250 (Full Time Equivalent) employees
Annual Turnover less than 50 Million Euro OR Balance Sheet less than 43 million Euro
- Find opportunities to bid in public/private sectors
- ‘Qualify’ opportunities; building sound business cases
- Recognise ‘golden rules’ of bidding ensuring bid process is managed in efficient and effective way
- Understand what it takes to create a winning bid, not merely a compliant one
- Identify business’s strengths, weaknesses, selling points
- Begin to create a ‘knowledge base’
Business benefits will include:
- Increased win rates; therefore business growth
- Ability to manage processes and bid contributors to ensure the best possible bid/proposal is submitted on time, every time
- Building of new skills; reaping the benefits of personal and professional development
Emma Jaques is a member of the Association of Proposal Management Professionals (APMP), through which she has been awarded Practitioner accreditation; a global standard achieved by fewer than 200 people around the world.
Emma is also a published author. Her first book, Bid Management is aimed at bid novices, whilst The Winning Bid is aimed at those with more experience in bids and tenders. Both books are published by Kogan Page.
Feedback from last Workshop:
Useful to understand different rules applied to public and private traders. As someone who is looking to improve the sales revenue of the business, learning about public tendering gives another approach to achieving this.
A very relaxed informative event. Definitely made us aware of things and helped us to move forward as accompany.
Today was very helpful and informative, it has given us the guidance to actively attempt the tendering process. Relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
A very informative session with some great tips on how to be prepared to win more tenders.
Great informative relaxed environment, and fantastic structure.