START SMART - Get your business moving in Wigan
Date: 9th March 2019
Time: 12:00pm - 2:00pm
Theme: Start a business
Sorry this event has already taken place - please see our forthcoming events list
This short seminar will provide an overview of the support available to you as a Wigan resident or Wigan based business. You will take away key information and insights into what you need to start and develop your business.
We will be looking at the key areas every entrepreneur should take into consideration before starting their business / in the early stages of trading:
- What do I want my business to achieve for me?
- What need / gap in the market will my business fill?
- How should I structure my business – sole trader, Limited, CIC?
- How do I price my services / products?
- How do I promote my business and grow my customer base?
When thinking of starting your business the question of finance is often at the top of the agenda. We will explore:
- Do I need finance to get started?
- What will I need finance for?
- Where can I look to raise finance?
Legal and regulatory responsibilities are critical but sometimes we can be unaware of what we should be putting into place / complying with. We will explore:
- Who do I have to tell I am trading?
- How do I check if there are any permissions or registrations I need to put in place?
Selling your products and services are key to every business. We will explore:
- How do I identify my key customer groups?
- What are the best forms of marketing and promotion for my business?
Where is it?