Start Smart Workshop: January 2019 (Manchester)
Date: 16th January 2019
Location: Workplace, Churchgate House, 56 Oxford St, Manchester, M1 6EU
Time: 9:30am - 4:00pm
Theme: Start a business
Sorry this event has already taken place - please see our forthcoming events list
Start Smart – Business Start Up Workshop
Are you considering starting your own business?
Maybe it’s all new to you or perhaps you’ve recently started a business and want answers to some of the questions you may be asking yourself;
- Is self-employment/running a business the right thing for me?
- Is my idea viable, will my business work and what type of research should I be carrying out?
- Who will my customers be? How do I find them and will how will I know they want the product or service I am offering?
- Can I start my business without any initial financial investment? What are my options if I need to raise finance? Are there any grants and loans can I access?
- How do I stay the right side of the law? What are my responsibilities around tax and what is the best legal structure for my business?
- How can I keep track of my finances? What’s the best way to turn my efforts into profit?
- Now that my business has started, what is the best way to grow it? How do I take on staff and find suitable premises?
Taking place over two days, our Start Smart workshop is aimed at entrepreneurs in Greater Manchester who are looking to start or take the next step in their business. Day 1 of this fully funded program will give you the opportunity to learn about you and your business idea. On Day 2 we look at the finances of a business and how to turn your dream into reality.
Places are offered on a first come first served basis and are subject to the following eligibility criteria:
- Businesses must be located in Greater Manchester
- The business you are thinking of starting / already running should be a ‘small to medium sized enterprise’ (SME) – Less than 250 employees and annual Turnover no more than 50 Million Euro or Balance Sheet less than 43 million Euro
Once you register, we will be in touch to discuss your business needs and confirm eligibility. Alternatively, please call 0161 359 3050 to speak to the team right away.