Date: 28th March 2017
Location: Main Hall, Elizabethan Suite, Town Hall, Knowsley Street, Bury, BL9 0SW
Time: 9:00am - 12:00pm
Theme: Business Strategy, Open new markets & Export, Start a business
Sorry this event has already taken place - please see our forthcoming events list
This workshop will help grow your confidence in networking and how to focus on becoming a great business developer by -
- Attending more events
- Meeting more people
- Building more relationships
- Asking intelligent questions
- Listening carefully for the answers
- Spotting the potential opportunity
- Making more permission-based follow up calls
- Arranging more meetings with prospects
Why networking is a fundamental business skill
In today’s highly competitive world, being a confident and effective networker sets you apart from the crowd. You become more visible, always feel in control and will always create more career and business opportunities than the average.
Networking workshop’s topics:
- Divulging the secrets to help you destroy all those fears of working the room
- Helping you be in control, break the ice and start the conversation with strangers
- Showing you how to approach the appropriate people, break into groups and move on with ease and consideration
- Presenting you with ideas with what to talk about and how to be interesting
- Spelling out a process for following up, ensuring you leave every event with a potential business opportunity
- How to get the best when attending seminars and conferences
About Will Kintish
Will Kintish qualified as a chartered accountant in 1971 and was in general practice for the next 30 years.
At the start of the 21st century he changed his career and since then has shown thousands in the academic, professional and financial communities how to become more effective and confident networkers. Networking is fundamental to one’s success yet so many people fear this activity. Will shows you how to overcome all your fears and concerns when working the room, how to spot lots of potential opportunities and how to follow up in a professional manner.
With the ubiquitous use of social media, social networking and mobile devices, the quaint and old-fashioned face-to-face relationship is fast losing the communications race. Will speaks loudly that the old fashioned way still has to be the best for building rapport.
He has been awarded the Professional Speaking Award of Excellence the highest accolade available in the speaking profession.. Whether he runs workshops, speaks online ‘to the computer’ or gives keynote speeches he communicates with passion, enthusiasm and lots of humour. He will tell you it’s his birthday every day. “Well after 30 years in the wrong job it would be your birthday every day too” he quips.
09.30 Welcome and overview of BGH, the event & introduction of the speaker (Hilary Centeleghe)
09.35 Main Speaker (Will Kintish)
12.00 Event close