Date: 10th February 2017
Location: Senate House, University of Bolton, Deane Road, Bolton, BL3 5AB
Time: 8:30am - 12:30pm
Theme: Sustainability, Operational efficiency
Sorry this event has already taken place - please see our forthcoming events list
With increasing consumer demand for innovative and more sustainable approaches to building design, how do you navigate this ever-evolving market? The Business Growth Hub’s Green Growth service and Bolton Council are inviting architects, property developers and Greater-Manchester based SME suppliers and installers of low carbon and sustainable building technologies to learn about how and why these technologies should be specified at the building design stage.
Are you involved in:
- Property development
- Building design
- Meeting sustainability targets & goals
- Renewable energy
- Sustainable building technologies
- Know about Bolton Council’s recent additions to Supplementary Planning Document on Sustainable Design & Construction?
- Know what the considerations, challenges and opportunities are for specifying and installing low carbon and sustainable building technologies?
- Understand what technologies are available on the market from suppliers within Greater Manchester and their real-world application?
- Know how to market the benefits of integrating sustainable technologies to your clients?
- Want to increase the uptake and profile of low carbon and sustainable building technologies?
09:00am Welcome & Refreshments
09:30am Introduction from Tom Bardwell, Green Growth/Business Growth Hub
09:40am Sustainable Design & Construction, Jonathan Mayo, Bolton Council
10:00am An Architect’s Perspective on Sustainable Building Design, Integrated Estates North Ltd
10:20am Sustainable Heating & Ventilation Ducting, Luke Scruton, GatorDuct Ltd
10:40am Heat Pumps, Cool Tech Air Conditioning Ltd
11:00am Coffee/tea break
11:20am Sustainable Urban Drainage Systems, Wayne Langford, SUDS Tech
11:40am Making a business case for sustainability, Phil McVan, CarbonBit Ltd
12:00pm Q&A /Closing remarks
12:15pm Light Lunch & Networking
01:00pm Event Close