Date: 8th September 2016
Location: Rise, 231 Deansgate, Manchester M3 4EN
Time: 9:30am - 4:00pm
Theme: Business Strategy, Open new markets & Export, Start a business
Sorry this event has already taken place - please see our forthcoming events list
Action Hack Masterclass
Would you like to learn simple but powerful problem solving techniques which are used by some of the world’s biggest businesses? This intensive and highly interactive session will teach you ways of objectively look at your business, understand and manage key risks and quickly identify the actions you need to take to accelerate your growth.
Who is it for?
Whether you have a brand new business idea or an established business which is looking to scale or grow you will learn to look at your business differently so you can move forward. You will leave the day with new techniques which you can apply to future challenges.
The Action Hack Masterclass will serve Start-ups and High Growth businesses alike.
Start-ups will find it extremely beneficial to test their business model or alleviate the risks they have identified to their business idea.
- SMEs will use the Action Hack to innovate and problem-solve.
What will happen on the day?
Prepare to be challenged. Delegates will have to come to the event with a defined focus.
- a number of business risks which they want to discuss and find solutions to,
- a business model they want to test with the audience,
- an innovative product or a service which they want feedback on.
The Action Hack will start with a structured session to help delegates to think more creatively.
Innovation training techniques will be used to help people gain different perspectives on problem solving.
This will be followed by a mix of structured time such as action learning and unstructured time where people work alone or in small groups on the problem they want to solve. Delegates will also have the opportunity to discuss challenges and solutions with specialist advisers who will attend as part of the Expert Drop In.
The Action Hack session is an intense, productive and focused event for businesses who want to:
- Accelerate their growth,
- Develop new products,
- Overcome challenges.
The more you put in, the more you get out it. You will end the day with:
- Solutions to the risks or problems you brought to the session
- Impartial and constructive feedback on your business model, new product or service
- Specific action points to take to move your business forward
- Tools and techniques you can re-use in your business to foster an Innovative culture
We asked previous participants what they would say to someone who was considering attending, they said:
- “I’d say to come along, confident or not. And you will feel confident and educated by the time you leave.”
- “Excellent interactive day engaging businesses and the challenges and risks. Lots of learning and homework to do!”
- “An eye opener. This session makes you realise the risks involve with business and how to find solutions”
- “The course and content was pretty awesome. The speakers were highly credible and personable. Possibly the best funded “thing” I have ever been on.”
- “Really good workshop. Thought provoking. Take control of your actions. Made me make decisions today to grow the business.”