Date: 7th October 2015
Location: St James's Club, 45 Spring Gardens, Manchester, M2 2BG
Time: 9:30am - 4:00pm
Theme: Start a business
Sorry this event has already taken place - please see our forthcoming events list
Are you interested in setting up your own business but are unsure of the steps you need to take or how to access financial support?
If you have answered yes to any of these questions our free workshop is for you.
The ‘Start Smart Introductory Programme’ is run over 2 days; the first day covers what you need to do to set up and grow a business, followed by the second day which covers planning for your business then a meeting with an advisor to assess your eligibility for the full Growth Startup programme. It covers:
- Attributes needed to run a successful growth business (are you enterprising?)
- Understanding if your idea is feasible (what makes a successful business?)
- Researching the market
- Registering the business, what is the best legal structure, what about tax
- Record Keeping
- Writing a business plan (plan for success)
- Cash flow forecasting
- Sources of finance (start up loans, GM Loan, A2F team, banks, VCs, Angels)
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THIS EVENT WILL TAKE PLACE OVER TWO DAYS 7th AND 8th OCTOBER. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE CONTACT firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who should attend?
This workshop is run every 2 weeks across Greater Manchester.
To promote the service to those wishing to establish their own business to enable them to understand the support available to them.