Manufacturing facilities across the country are opening their doors to visitors on 7 July 2022 to celebrate the UK’s first National Manufacturing Day.
National Manufacturing Day is a new initiative created by Make UK to encourage people to consider the possibilities of a career in manufacturing, by allowing them to experience life inside a local manufacturing facility for themselves.
Manufacturers are being urged to open their doors and showcase their operations to visitors by adding an event onto the National Manufacturing Day website.
A number of manufacturers are already planning to take part in Greater Manchester, including:
- Airmatic (Bury): The integrated ductwork and fabrication firm is hosting an open day for local secondary schools in the Greater Manchester area
- Atec Engineering Solutions (Salford): The Worsley-based business will be hosting a tour of its facility, a live demonstration of equipment including a 3D printer, and Q&A sessions with apprentices, engineers and managers between 10am-12pm and 1pm-3pm
- Booth Industries (Bolton): The provider of high performance, high integrity protection systems will be setting up stations around its facility for people speak to staff in action between 10am-2pm
- Duo UK (Manchester): The packaging manufacturer will be giving a tour of its facility and a demonstration of machinery and processes to visitors between 11am-3pm
- Salt Separation Services (Rochdale): The provider of engineered water treatment solutions is hosting an open evening for friends and family at 4.30pm
- Fractory (Manchester): Details TBC.
Booking details for the above event can be found on the website.
Other events being held further afield include a discovery day focusing on the digital future of manufacturing ecosystems at Siemens’ factory site in Congleton, and a free tour of the newly-opened AMRC North West smart factory in Blackburn (booking essential for both).