Do you want your workforce to work smarter (not harder) and maximise the profitability of your business?This practical workshop will lay the foundation for your team to work together and embed a culture of continuous improvement.
The session will provide take an in-depth look at the lean manufacturing techniques – 5S and Single Minute Exchange of Die (SMED). During practical exercises, your advisor will explain the theory behind these tools and demonstrate how you can implement them within your operation to eliminate waste, promote teamwork and embed a culture of continuous improvement.
By the end of the workshop participants will
- understand the theory of 5S and SMED
- be able to identify waste across the operation which will increase efficiency and productivity
- acknowledge the benefit of team working and standardisation of processes
- be equipped to propose and implement improvements
- be motivated to operate in a culture of continuous improvement.
Why is this relevant to my business?
This session will empower your teams to identify waste streams and continuously seek to improve this process. These improvements will help you to eliminate waste, improve customer responsiveness and drive productivity.
Who should attend?
- It is advised to have at least one representative from each department - from shopfloor to office administrator to senior management.
Length of workshop
Equipment or requirements
None, if you have a meeting room on site we can bring the workshop to you, otherwise we’ll make arrangements for a suitable location off site.
The session works best with a minimum of 4 people. If you are a smaller group we can partner you with another business.