Date: 28th February 2020
Location: Stockport Business & Innovation Centre
Time: 2:30pm - 4:30pm
There are 27m homes in the UK, a vast percentage of which are lacking in energy efficiency. With every home required to achieve a minimum EPC ‘C’ score by 2030 and Manchester’s carbon neutral target just 18 years away, the region’s retrofit challenge remains significant.
To address this, the Green Technologies and Services team are organising a “Meet the Buyer” event for businesses in the domestic building retrofit supply chain to engage with RetrofitWorks, a multi-stakeholder cooperative operating across the country designing and hosting energy efficiency and retrofit schemes using local SME contractors. RetrofitWorks is not-for-profit, but it expects its Members to make a fair profit.
Developed with and supported by leading national trade associations, professional institutions and local authorities, RetrofitWorks serve as a reliable delivery model for good quality building retrofit using local resources. Since 2016, RetrofitWorks has delivered circa £5.5m of local retrofit projects across Southern England and has now established its processes and credentials ready for wider application. It has achieved this with two groups of members:
- Practitioners: Trades and professions seeking work.
- Advocates: Organisations representing the interests of groups of local householders and tenants, who understand their needs and want to develop the local retrofit market and supply chain to help them.
The company is now interested in meeting and engaging with Manchester-local SME suppliers wishing to carry out retrofit advice, assessment, design, coordination, and installation work.
During the event, delegates will hear about the market opportunity and find out what they need to do to access it, as well as develop an understanding of the training, tools, grants and householder finance available to RetrofitWorks members.
In partnership with:
Event booking notice
Our workshops are part-funded by European Regional Development Funds.
Our workshops are delivered free of charge to participants; however, as they are fully-funded, they are classed as state aid to participating businesses and are subject to state aid rules and the associated eligibility criteria.
- Location: Greater Manchester based companies
- SME: Small or medium enterprise i.e. less than 250 (Full Time Equivalent) employees and annual turnover less than 50 Million Euro OR Balance Sheet less than 43 million Euro
- Sector Restrictions may also apply