Developing an Effective Environmental Policy
Date: 1st March 2019
Location: The Workplace, 4th Floor, Churchgate House, 56 Oxford St, Manchester M1 6EU
Time: 9:30am - 11:30am
Theme: Sustainability, Operational efficiency
Sorry this event has already taken place - please see our forthcoming events list
Having a robust environmental policy is now a key requirement of many local and central government tenders, whilst having environmental credentials are key aspects which clients and customers are looking for from their suppliers.
By having an environmental policy your business will be demonstrating its commitment to reducing its environmental impact, and in doing so, help to develop positive relationships with your customers and improve your corporate image.
This workshop, led by industry experts, will help you to write an effective environmental policy that demonstrates your environmental credentials and will help to deliver measurable results for both you and your customers.
This can lead to:
• Increased investment, customer sales and market share.
• Improved environmental performance.
• Cost savings through efficiency improvements.
• Conservation of resources.
• Reduced environmental risk.
Delegates will leave with:
• An understanding of the environmental issues relevant to the core business and wider issues such as risk, legal compliance and stakeholder values.
• Practical steps to create and implement an environmental policy or management strategy.
• An understanding of how to use environmental credentials and policies to create additional business opportunities
Our workshops are part-funded by European Regional Development Funds.
Our workshops are delivered free of charge to participants; however, as they are fully-funded, they are classed as state aid to participating businesses and are subject to state aid rules and the associated eligibility criteria.
Places are offered on a first come first served basis and are subject to the following eligibility criteria:
• Businesses must be located in Greater Manchester
• The business you are thinking of starting / already running should be a ‘small to medium sized enterprise’ (SME) – Less than 250 employees and annual Turnover no more than 50 Million Euro or Balance Sheet less than 43 million Euro.
• The business must operate ‘business to business’.
Once you register, we will be in touch to discuss your business needs and confirm eligibility.