Date: 21st February 2019
Location: Virtual Engineering Centre, Sci-Tech Daresbury, WA4 4AD
Time: 8:00am - 11:15am
Theme: Operational efficiency, Innovation
Sorry this event has already taken place - please see our forthcoming events list
Do you want to increase your market share in existing markets?
Do you want to access new markets?
Do you want to access new market segments?
Manufacturing leaders and design engineers are invited to attend a fully-funded workshop which will lay the foundations of a robust new product introduction and innovation strategy.
In an ever-evolving marketplace, defined by changing consumer needs, continuous emerging competition, as well as social, political and technological developments, undertaking Research and Development (R&D) is critical to ensure the business’ continuous growth and prosperity.
The Design for Success workshop series has been designed to provide manufacturing SMEs with the knowledge of one of the most widely implemented industry frameworks for managing new product innovation excellence, the Stage Gate Process.
The workshop which is delivered in partnership with the Virtual Engineering Centre, will also feature a tour of the Centre's Virtual Reality and Robotics and Autonomous Systems Laboratories.
Why should I attend?
- To understand the need to invest in R&D
- To learn the fundamental steps of the Stage Gate Process framework
- To gain an understanding of common pitfalls in New Product Development and Introduction
- To learn how to secure and maximise the value of your intellectual property
- To learn how digital engineering technologies can support product design
Who should attend?
- Manufacturing Leaders and Business Owners
- R&D Managers
- Design Engineers and Assembly Operators
Our workshops are part-funded by European Regional Development Funds.
Our workshops are delivered free of charge to participants; however, as they are fully-funded, they are classed as state aid to participating businesses and are subject to state aid rules and the associated eligibility criteria.
- Location: North West manufacturing clients
- SME: Small or medium enterprise i.e. less than 250 (Full Time Equivalent) employees and annual turnover less than 50 Million Euro OR Balance Sheet less than 43 million Euro
- Sector Restrictions may also apply
|08:00||Registration, Networking and Breakfast|
|08:30||New Product Introduction & Innovation - The Stage Gate Process|
|09:15||IP, Patents and Trademarks: Secure your new product and maximise the value of your intellectual property - Dr. Chris McDonald, Partner, Wilson Gunn|
|09:35||Workshop - Roundtable discussions|
|10:00||Introduction to the Manufacturing Growth Fund and support available|
|10:10||Revolutionising product design with digital engineering: A case study approach - Andrew Borland, Commercialisation Manager, Virtual Engineering Centre|
|10:30||Virtual Engineering Centre Laboratory tours|