Production Leader Programme: Designed Especially for Manufacturing Businesses
A development course for manufacturing companies who are on the route to excellence
- Improve leadership skills
- Drive your team to success
- Gain a competitive edge
- Perform and grow
- Maximise profitability!
The importance of leadership
Empowering and engaging your team leaders in key decisions brings sustained performance and growth.
Businesses that grow and outsprint competitors have invested in the leaders in the business.
If you want a better business, you need strong and energised leadership at all levels!
This course is designed for companies that are dedicated to continuous improvement and are committed to strong leadership skills in all levels of the business.
Here to help team leaders answer the following questions and more:
- What does good look like?
- Can I measure good?
- Can I identify the first actionable step to get there?
- Do I have the lean tools to implement improvement?
- Can I engage others in these behaviours and coach the skills?
- Have I a good understanding of how digital advances can help?
- Do I feel empowered to do all this?
The programme will fast track team leaders' learning through experience by progressing through the following 5 key building blocks:
The Role of Production Leader
Setting the Bar High Through Measurement
Continuous Improvement is Critical
The Tools for Continuous Improvement
Digitalisation - Is There a Better Way?
Details - TBC September 2023
The Role of Production Leader (13:30-16:30)
- Driving the right culture
- Embedding continuous improvement
- Displaying the appropriate leadership behaviours
- Objective setting
- Time management
Setting the Bar High Through Measurement (13:30-14:30)
- Understanding high-level measures and linking them to departmental KPIs
- Deciding what to measure and manage
- Quantifying/confirming improvements based on data
- Standardising, sharing, celebrating
Continuous Improvement is Critical (13:30-15:00)
- How to start the continuous improvement process
- Coaching and educating teams in the process of continuous improvement
- Creating competitive advantage
- Driving the key measures in the right direction
The Tools for Continuous Improvement (15:00-16:30)
- Plan Do Check Act (PDCA) for control and continuous improvement
- The link between profit, safety, quality, cost, delivery, people (SQCDP) and the elimination of waste and variability
- Identifying value-added / non-value processes to eliminate the 7 production wastes
- Standardising processes using lean tools
Digitalisation - Is There a Better Way? (13:30-16:30)
- Are you digital ready?
- How to identify processes that can be digitalised
- What support is out there to drive the digital future
- How to present management a compelling case for digital improvement