Are you part of the Green Technology and Services Sector and want to increase sales, get more out of your marketing and develop new products?
If yes, then our new programme Switched On is for you.
Switched On is a fully-funded business development programme designed to support SMEs in the Green Technologies and Services sector to grow.
Responding to the needs of SMEs, this programme provides delegates with the skills to succeed. Whether it’s entering new markets, raising your company profile, growing your sales pipeline, Switched On is here to help.
To support you on your journey you will have access to expert advice and guidance from mentors and will benefit from peer-to-peer support and knowledge sharing.
We chose to relocate to Manchester based on the incredible support and access to expert advice that is on offer here. By attending the Switched On masterclass series we were able to learn the crucial skills required to successfully launch our start-up – I would definitely recommend!Sophie Walker, Dsposal Ltd
Switched On involves a series of interactive workshops designed to engage, inform and empower SMEs to confidently take their business to the next level.
Switched On to Business Planning
27th February 2020
- Introduction to the Business Model Canvas
- Converting the Business Model Canvas into a winning business plan to establish structure, direction and help gain investment
- Horizon scanning – understanding how to spot emerging trends, market opportunities and to develop a proactive business strategy
- Developing your business action plan
Switched On to Sales
5th March 2020
- Components of an effective sales engine and overview of sales strategies
- Understanding sales planning, sales forecasting and pipeline management
- Overview of CRM systems
- Understanding the mind of the customer
- Meeting the unmet need
- Designing your proposition to match this unmet Need – COSTAR framework
- Social selling in a business context (i.e. Sales Navigator, LinkedHelper)
- Sales Automation - introduction and live demo (LinkedHelper)
- Developing your sales pitch – Introduction to SPIN selling
Switched On to Marketing
12th March 2020
- Developing an effective marketing strategy
- Understanding who or what influences your customers
- Exploring cost-efficient ways to reach your customer base
- Building effective networks – nurturing on and off-line relationships
- A review of advertising techniques and which ones can make the biggest impact
- Enhancing your profile through increased recognition and credibility
- Managing the long sell
Business Model Canvas was very helpful!Jeremy Pye, Evergreen Energy
A great toolkit for B2B sales, specifically tailored for SMEsIvan Bolotkov, Amper Energy
Very useful training, helped me get my head around marketing which I’ve struggled with before!!Aneaka Kellay, Carbon Coop
Our workshops are part-funded by European Regional Development Funds.
Our workshops are delivered free of charge to participants; however, as they are fully-funded, they are classed as state aid to participating businesses and are subject to state aid rules and the associated eligibility criteria.
- Location: GM Clients only
- SME: Small or medium enterprise i.e. less than 250 (Full Time Equivalent) employees and annual turnover less than 50 Million Euro OR Balance Sheet less than 43 million Euro
- Sector Restrictions may also apply
Innovative, fresh and useful workshop – really helped me crystalise ideasTim Snaith, Trivantage
Wow! Great information at exactly the right time for our company and me personallyJo Miller, Miller Goodall
Gave me loads of useful tips and tools to use. I feel more confident about guiding our Marketing Executive nowNilanga Jayawarna, TNEI Services