Are you part of the Green Technologies and Services Sector and want to increase sales, get more out of your marketing and develop new products?
If yes, then our new programme Switched On is for you.
Switched On is a fully-funded business development programme designed to support SMEs in the Green Technologies and Services sector to grow.
Responding to the needs of SMEs, this programme provides delegates with the skills to succeed. Whether it’s entering new markets, raising your company profile, growing your sales pipeline, Switched On is here to help.
To support you on your journey you will have access to expert advice and guidance from mentors and will benefit from peer-to-peer support and knowledge sharing.
We chose to relocate to Manchester based on the incredible support and access to expert advice that is on offer here. By attending the Switched On masterclass series we were able to learn the crucial skills required to successfully launch our start-up – I would definitely recommend!Sophie Walker, Dsposal Ltd
Switched On involves a series of interactive workshops designed to engage, inform and empower SMEs to confidently take their business to the next level.
Switched On to Business Planning
- Introduction to the Business Model Canvas
- Converting the Business Model Canvas into a winning business plan to establish structure, direction and help gain investment
- Accessing finance and funding - Support available
- Horizon scanning – understanding how to spot emerging trends, market opportunities and to develop a proactive business strategy
- Developing your business action plan
- Accessing innovation funding to capitalise on new commercial opportunities - Support available
Switched On to Sales
- Components of an effective sales engine and overview of sales strategies
- Understanding sales planning, sales forecasting and pipeline management
- Overview of CRM systems
- Understanding the mind of the customer
- Meeting the unmet need
- Designing your proposition to match this unmet need
- Social selling in a business context (i.e. LinkedIn, Twitter)
- Developing your sales pitch – Introduction to SPIN selling
Switched On to Marketing
- Developing an effective marketing strategy
- Guidelines to developing a robust Marketing Plan
- Ensuring accurate market insight as a basis for planning
- Matching your customers real needs with your marketing proposition
- Choosing the right channels to market through
- Creating the right mix of media and messages
- Developing a digital marketing strategy
- Building your Marketing Action Plan
- Accelerating digital innovation - Support available
Want to find out how Switched On can help your business? Read our case study to see how the programme helped Oldham based designer and manufacturer of sustainable LED lighting solutions, Ligero Design, boost sales.
Our workshops are part-funded by European Regional Development Funds.
Our workshops are delivered free of charge to participants; however, as they are fully-funded, they are classed as state aid to participating businesses and are subject to state aid rules and the associated eligibility criteria.
- Location: GM Clients only
- SME: Small or medium enterprise i.e. less than 250 (Full Time Equivalent) employees and annual turnover less than 50 Million Euro OR Balance Sheet less than 43 million Euro
- Sector Restrictions may also apply
Innovative, fresh and useful workshop – really helped me crystalise ideasTim Snaith, Trivantage
Thanks to the series, we increased our number of marine customers from 6 to over 20 in a matter of 5 monthsWill Goldsmith, Prema Energy
Gave me loads of useful tips and tools to use. I feel more confident about guiding our Marketing Executive nowNilanga Jayawarna, TNEI Services