Date: 14th March 2019
Location: Luxfer Mel Technologies, Elektron Technology Centre, Lumns Lane, Manchester M27 8LN
Time: 8:00am - 1:00pm
Theme: Operational efficiency, Innovation
Book your free place at the next Manufacturing Champions event - connecting leaders from small and medium sized enterprises with our Champions from the manufacturing and engineering sectors.
During the session you'll hear from a Principal Practitioner at The Manufacturing Institute who will talk about New Product Introduction & Innovation and will introduce one of the most widely implemented industry frameworks for managing new product innovation excellence, the Stage Gate Process.
In an ever-evolving marketplace, defined by changing consumer needs, continuous emerging competition, as well as social, political and technological developments, undertaking Research and Development (R&D) is critical to ensure the business’ continuous growth and prosperity.
Delegates will leave with an understanding of the process and the fundamental steps required to create and introduce a new product, with the view of maintaining their competitive edge and increasing their opportunities to move into new markets and/or new market segments.
The Manufacturing Champions will talk about their experiences of managing new product innovation within their businesses and delegates will then work in groups to examine and review how the Stage Gate Process can benefit their business.
The event will close with a tour of the Luxfer Mel Technologies facility, which will demonstrate some of the topics discussed during the event
- Steve Cleaver, Business Advisor, Made Smarter
- Ian Donald, Head of R&D, Siemens Digital Factory
- Paul Hunt, R&D Director, Victrex plc
- Paul Lyon, R&D Leader, Luxfer MEL Technologies
- Claire Scott, IDT Advisor, Made Smarter
- Matthew Smallman, Divisional Managing Director (Joint), Hyde Aero Products Ltd
- Graham Wardlow, Managing Director, Luxfer MEL Technologies
- Julian Winn, Principal Practitioner, The Manufacturing Institute
Event booking notice
Places at this event are extremely limited, and are restricted to one delegate per company. Non-manufacturers will not be permitted to attend.
Our workshops are part-funded by European Regional Development Funds.
Our workshops are delivered free of charge to participants; however, as they are fully-funded, they are classed as state aid to participating businesses and are subject to state aid rules and the associated eligibility criteria.
- Location: GM manufacturing clients
- SME: Small or medium enterprise i.e. less than 250 (Full Time Equivalent) employees and annual turnover less than 50 Million Euro OR Balance Sheet less than 43 million Euro
- Sector Restrictions may also apply
|08:00||Registration, Networking and Breakfast|
|08:30||Welcome and Introduction|
|08:55||New Product Introduction & Innovation: The Stage Gate Process|
|09:40||Revolutionising product design with digital technologies|
|10:00||Q&A with refreshments|
|10:20||A business case study, Paul Lyon, R&D Leader, Luxfer Mel Technologies|
|10:50||Perspectives from the Manufacturing Champions|
|11:20||Workshop/Roundtable discussions and refreshments|