In collaboration with Great Places, the Hub is launching a fully-funded support package for both existing and potential suppliers.
This series of workshops will help Great Place’s existing, and potential SME suppliers, to identify and implement opportunities to maximise efficiency and improve their environmental credentials.
These are increasingly becoming an important requirement across the housing sector, with social value impact carrying a significant weighting for tender submissions - often a critical factor in winning or losing tender opportunities.
By demonstrating good environmental credentials and social value practice, SMEs can differentiate their bids and increase their chance of tender success.
*Certain eligibility criteria apply
Delegates who complete the three workshop series will receive a certificate which can be used in future tender applications.
This workshop series has been designed to enable SME suppliers to demonstrate the actions they have taken to reduce their environmental impact and align themselves with Great Places’ values. Each workshop is designed to address key barriers SMEs face, by providing guidance and support on actions, many of which are of little or no cost.
Through attending these workshops you will benefit from:
- Being able to identify cost-saving opportunities and make smart investment decisions
- Reduced risk of legislative non-compliance
- Reduced resource costs through low or no cost measures
- Being able to evidence environmental credentials within tender submissions to create additional business opportunities
Non-SME (small and medium-sized enterprises) suppliers are welcome to attend these workshops, however, priority will be given to those suppliers who are classified as an SME and are located within Greater Manchester.
Developing and Promoting your Green Credentials
This workshop will help you to identify and understand your environmental impacts and performance, with a view to creating and implementing an environmental policy statement and managing ongoing improvements.
- Develop an understanding of the environmental issues relevant to the core business and wider issues such as risk, legal compliance and stakeholder values
- Learn practical steps to create and implement an environmental policy statement
- Discover how to use environmental credentials and policy statements to create additional business opportunities
Time: 8.30am – 12.30pm
Quick Wins and Transport
This workshop will provide quick, 'no and low cost' measures which will cut energy and fuel use in your operations. It will help you to optimise your energy usage, get ahead of the competition, and build resilience against rising energy and fuel prices.
Support will also be provided by our expert advisors to help your business build its own tailored action plan and business case for action.
- Be able to identify and prioritise no and low-cost opportunities to reduce energy and fuel costs.
- Understand how to overcome challenges in implementing sustainable energy and transport measures.
- Strengthen your resilience to market changes such as rising energy and fuel prices.
- Get access to a network of businesses that will help you implement measures.
- Meet similar companies to share good practice with.
Time: 8.30am – 12.30pm
Optimising Resource Management
This workshop will help you to identify opportunities to optimise resources and materials used on-site and capture the additional benefits from good waste management practices.
These include: reduced purchase and disposal costs, increased environmental performance through reduced carbon emissions from waste disposal and business operations, increased business reputation within the local community and help to reduce business risks through legislative compliance.
- Gain an understanding of how waste generated on-site has an impact and cost value off-site.
- Understand how to monitor the volume of waste materials produced on-site and how this will be converted into energy and cost data.
- Help to identify opportunities to optimise the process to avoid unnecessary material waste on-site, increase waste segregation, minimise the associated carbon emissions and reduce resource costs.
Time: 8.30am – 12.30pm
To register your interest in the programme, please complete the form below.
*To be eligible to attend the workshops, your business must be an SME based in Greater Manchester and trade business to business (B2B).
All workshops will take place at 2A Derwent Avenue, Manchester, M21 7QP