Carbon Reduction Grant
If you have a small or medium-sized business in Greater Manchester, you may be eligible for our Energy Efficiency Grant which is between £2,000 and £25,000 (before VAT) that we would grant fund 50% of the costs of your energy efficiency improvements. The maximum grant value we can award is £12,500.
The grants are available for a limited time on a first-come-first-served basis and can go towards, for example:
- a new LED lighting system for your premises
- heating equipment upgrades
- replacement drives or motors
- process efficiency investments
Energy Efficiency Grants are available to small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in Greater Manchester subject to business and project eligibility and the scale of CO2e savings expected from the project.
Complete the short form below to kick off your application. We’ll come back to you within 48 working hours to confirm your eligibility and move your application forward.
What’s the small print?
Energy Efficiency Grants are available to small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs)* in Greater Manchester.
The maximum eligible project cost is £24,999 (excluding VAT).
Eligible projects will need to provide a minimum of two quotes from reputable independent suppliers.
Labour and any installation associated costs are excluded.
We’ll assess your application by:
- Evaluating costs against current market rates for your chosen technology to ensure your project offers value for money.
- Analysing the potential carbon savings of implementing your chosen technology compared to other alternative technology that can be used for the potential project.
You must commit to having the technology installed and paying the supplier before reclaiming your grant, and we will require you to provide some photos of your new equipment post installation.
* If you, or the group you form part of, employs less than 250 people and had turnover of less than £40m last year you’re almost certainly an eligible SME. We’ll help you to establish this as part of the application process.