The Innovation Unit
Phone:07837 987 125
The MedTECH Centre is a specialist business incubator for innovators who are developing technology which can help the NHS to provide high-quality, efficient care to its patients.
The MedTech Centre Incubator (MTCi)
Welcome to the future of healthcare business incubation
MTCi is the first joint venture between the NHS (Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust & TRUSTECH) and the private sector (Manchester Science Parks) in the North West with the objective of stimulating the growth of successful healthcare technology companies.
You do not have to work for the NHS to base your company in MTCi.
MTCi provides a new approach to the development of medical technology, where the NHS and the private sector collaborate to meet the needs of the healthcare system.
Aims & Objectives
We are here to support your success.
Our aim is to accelerate the development and adoption of new technologies by the NHS.
Innovators benefit from a supportive environment to ease acceptance by the NHS market.
The NHS benefits from engagement with new and emerging technologies that can help patients and improve sustainability.
We seek start-up and SME companies wishing to develop novel medical technologies in an incubator environment where the network of like-minded people, associated partners and first-class resources combine to optimise medical technology development.
MTCi is located in Manchester Science Park
Workstations are available for individual innovators or more established companies. There are break out, shared areas so that you can network with and learn from other innovators who are developing new healthcare technologies. An NHS innovation consultant is on site to assist with access to clinicians and understanding the NHS market.
Each workstation is equipped with a VOIP 'phone and has access to a shared printer/scanner/fax.
For £150 per month you get:
- Free tea & coffee
- Free high-speed broadband access
- Free colour printing / scanning / fax
- Free national & international calls
- No other bills to pay (utilities and business rates included)
- 24/7 operation with computer controlled building access system and a receptionist in office hours.
- Meeting rooms and board rooms are available on site for hire at competitive rates and there is an on-site restaurant / coffee bar nearby.
MTCi tenants benefit from business development support including:
- Access to manufacturing and design facilities
- Access to NHS healthcare professionals and resources for evaluation and validation of innovations
- Colocation with BioNow
- Access to University facilities and expertise
- Free PR and business development services
- Business networking including free seminars and workshops
- A dedicated TRUSTECH consultant located in the Centre to give guidance and support.
- Adjacent to the largest clinical academic campus in Europe
- Good transport links (mainline rail and international airport)
- City centre amenities, shops and restaurants within easy walking distance
- Café and refreshment areas on site
- Pleasant landscaped environment with bicycle racks and cycle hire
- Site based security guard 24/7, with site wide CCTV coverage
- Good car parking for staff and visitors
- Full disabled access to all buildings and facilities
- Convenient fault reporting and meeting room booking via online intranet
- Access to University of Manchester amenities including internal mail system, library, catering and sports facilities
- A range of office services are available including secure storage, post room, 'drop-in' office and fully equipped meeting rooms for hire by the hour.
- Companies based in MTCi also qualify for the Corridor Growth Fund, which can provide up to 200,000 Euros to support job creation.