The government has produced new guidance on preparing for the end of the EU transition period for a range of manufacturing sectors, and firms can also access new international trade workshops.
With the end of the transition period now just weeks away, the government has published a series of checklists for businesses to help them prepare for 1 January 2021. These include:
- A 9-point checklist for the electronics and machinery sector
- A 13-point checklist for the consumer goods sector
- A 10-point checklist for the automotive sector
- A 9-point checklist for the aerospace sector.
Manufacturers can also make use of on-demand ‘Check, Change, Go’ webinars to help understand incoming rules for their sector.
To support businesses with developing overseas growth opportunities after the EU transition period, the North West International Trade team is running two workshop programmes in November and December:
- Developing International Trade Online: A programme of four half-day workshops between 23 November and 4 December to learn about internationalising your website, choosing the most relevant e-marketplaces, fulfilment, taxation and selling through social media.
- Growing Your Business Internationally: A programme of two full-day workshops on 4 and 7 December to learn about developing sales overseas, researching new opportunities, finding new partners and customers, and ensuring you get paid.