A host of companies across the North West have been named finalists in The Manufacturer MX Awards 2019, with the winners to be announced in Liverpool in November.
The Manufacturer MX Awards is the UK’s largest industry awards programme, organised by The Manufacturer magazine in partnership with the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE).
This year almost 50 companies have made it through to the finals across 11 different categories.
A number of North West companies made it to the shortlist:
- TSP Engineering, a technical engineering services provider in Workington, Cumbria, is a finalist in the Customer Value category
- MPE Ltd, a Knowsley-based manufacturer of high performance filters and capacitor products, has been shortlisted for the International Trade award
- Abbey Group, an engineering company in the steel sector, based in the same industrial park as MPE Ltd, is recognised the Manufacturing in Action category. Abbey Group is one of the first North West manufacturers to benefit from Made Smarter, a unique support programme to help 3,000 SMEs across the region to adopt the latest digital technology
- G&J Distillers, a heritage spirits distillery in Warrington, and Siemens’ drives manufacturing site in Congleton also join Abbey Group as finalists in the Manufacturing in Action category
- Crystal Doors, a manufacturer of vinyl-wrapped doors in Rochdale, is a finalist for the Sustainable Manufacturing award. Crystal Doors has quickly become recognised as an SME success story for Industry 4.0, having already adopted robotics, 3D modelling and other cutting-edge technology in its factory. Managing Director Richard Hagan has also forged a strong reputation for sustainable business.
A number of large companies with a presence in the North West were also shortlisted for awards, including AG Barr, BAE Systems, GlaxoSmithKline and pladis (United Biscuits), among others.
A group of expert judges will now conduct site visits at each finalist during September, with the final winners in each category announced on the 14 November.
The Manufacturer MX Awards are part of Digital Manufacturing Week which is taking place from 12-15 November in Liverpool.