More than 200 businesses nationwide have been recognised with prestigious Queen’s Awards for Enterprise, including 11 manufacturers in the North West.
The Awards are among the most distinguished available to UK businesses, with winners able to display the official Queen’s Awards emblem for five years.
2019’s winners were recognised across four categories: International Trade (129), Innovation (61), Sustainable Development (6) and Promoting Opportunity (5). Of the 26 North West companies to be recognised, there were ten manufacturers:
- Bitrez Ltd, Wigan: A manufacturer of polymers and specialist synthetic resins which has developed a BPA-free resin to coat food and drink containers
- Tenmat Ltd, Manchester: An advanced materials manufacturer which has developed a fire protection barrier for external cladding on buildings
- Tratos UK Ltd, Knowsley: A cable manufacturer which has developed a family of oil resistant, tough, abrasion-resistant compounds with excellent fire performance properties.
International Trade Award
- 2M Group Ltd, Runcorn: A distributor of speciality chemicals and industrial gases alongside value-added services in storage, blending and sampling
- Carrs Foods International Ltd, Manchester: A global supplier of European bakery products
- Combined Chemical Services (UK) Ltd, Warrington: A global supplier of speciality chemical raw materials and formulated chemical products
- Firesafe Fire Rated Ductwork Ltd, Haslingden: A manufacturer of specialist, non-coated fire resistant ductwork systems
- Foilco Ltd, Lowton: A supplier of gold, silver, metallic and holographic hot stamping foils to the printing industry
- Melba Products Ltd, Bury: A designer and manufacturer of plastic-moulded products, principally but not exclusively for traffic management
- Richardsons Healthcare Ltd, Bootle: A manufacturer of innovative patient support mattresses and accessories for operating tables.
Other notable winners included DriveWorks Ltd in Cheshire, which won both the Innovation and International Trade Award. The company has developed innovative 3D design and digital sales automation software for manufacturers who specialise in configurable products.
Several of this year’s winners, including Bitrez, Foilco and Melba Products, have received support from GC Business Growth Hub or wider Growth Company.
Mark Hughes, Chief Executive of the Growth Company, said:
“I would like to personally extend my congratulations to each and every one of these businesses, who have demonstrated the highest levels of business excellence.
“It is a huge accolade for each of these organisations - and a huge win for the North West. We look forward to continuing to work with each of these organisations individually and to supporting businesses across the North West.”
Applications for the Queen’s Awards for Enterprise 2020 are now open and free to enter. For more information, visit www.gov.uk/queens-awards-for-enterprise.
For the latest manufacturing news straight to your inbox, join the Manufacturing Network today.