GC Business Growth Hub has partnered with The University of Salford to deliver a series of half-day workshops, designed specifically for the University’s SME supply chain.
In collaboration with the University of Salford, we are launching a fully-funded* support package for our SME suppliers in Greater Manchester. This series of specialist masterclasses will help identify and implement opportunities to maximise efficiency and provide evidence of environmental credentials, now a requirement of much public sector procurement.
*Certain eligibility criteria apply
Businesses who attend these workshops will gain:
Increased profitability through resource-efficient actions with the opportunity to save up to 25% on their energy bills
- Enhanced marketing credentials through improved environmental performance and financial accounting
- A certificate of achievement to include in future submissions to demonstrate their alignment to the University of Salford's values and long-term objectives
You will also be able to find out about grants and other incentives currently available, including our Carbon Reduction grant which offers eligible businesses up to 50% capital contribution up to a total grant value of £12,500.
All workshops will take place at The Old Fire Station, University of Salford, Salford, M5 4WT
Developing an Effective Environmental Policy Statement
This workshop will help you to identify and understand your environmental impacts and performance, with a view to creating and implementing an environmental policy statement and managing ongoing improvements.
Develop an understanding of the environmental issues relevant to the core business and wider issues such as risk, legal compliance and stakeholder values
Learn practical steps to create and implement an environmental policy statement
Discover how to use environmental credentials and policy statements to create additional business opportunities
Time: 8.30am – 12.30pm
Quick Wins – Low and No Cost Options to Save Energy
This workshop will provide quick, 'no and low cost' energy saving measures which will cut energy use in your operations.
Be able to identify and prioritise no and low-cost opportunities to reduce energy costs
Understand how to overcome challenges in implementing energy saving measures.
Strengthen your resilience to market changes such as rising energy prices
Get access to a network of businesses that will help you implement measures
Meet similar companies to share good practice with
8.30am - 12.30pm
Optimising Resource Management
This workshop will help businesses identify opportunities to optimise resources used on site and reduce purchase and disposal costs.
• Gain an understanding of how waste generated on-site has an impact and cost value off-site
• Understand the importance of monitoring the volume of waste materials produced on-site and how this will be converted into energy and cost data.
• Learn how to identify opportunities to optimise the process to avoid unnecessary material waste on-site, increase waste segregation, minimise the associated carbon emissions and reduce resource costs
8.30am - 12.30pm
To register your interest, please complete the form below.
*To be eligible to attend the workshops, your business must be an SME based in Greater Manchester and trade business to business (B2B).