All our past webinars are available to view on YouTube and can be accessed in the relevant drop down below.
WATCH REPLAY - Making sense of the energy challenge
Energy prices have risen to unsustainable levels for many businesses.
The government has introduced the Energy Bill Relief Scheme, a six-month package of support, to help businesses through the upcoming winter period. The support is a lifeline for many businesses, but questions remain:
- What will this mean for my business, how will it impact the price we pay?
- What happens after six months?
Will prices come back down to ‘normal’ levels?
- How do I get a better price for my energy?
- What steps can I take to reduce my consumption?
Join our webinar and panellists to get practical insight that will help you answer these important questions.
Chaired by Steve Connor, Net Zero Lead at the Greater Manchester Local Enterprise Partnership, speakers include:
- Kate Mulvany, Senior Consultant, Cornwall Insights
- Rachel Galdwin, Director, Utilities Intermediaries Association
- Kevin Lambert, Sustainability & Net Zero Lead, Business Growth Hub
WATCH REPLAY - What your business can do to reduce energy costs
To reduce energy costs and minimise the price risk to your business then reducing your consumption is key.
The Energy Bill Relief Scheme will last until March 2023 for most businesses. Acting now to manage and reduce your energy consumption will not only help protect your business from future price shocks but also help secure the long-term future of your business.
Questions we get asked regularly:
- How much will it cost to reduce my consumption?
- How quickly will I see a return on investment?
- Is it worth doing it?
- What should I focus on first?
- Who do I need to get involved?
If these questions sound familiar to you then join our webinar and panellists to get practical insight that will help you answer these important questions.
- Alasdair Dalzel-Job, Sustainability & Net Zero Advisor, Business Growth Hub
- Vicky Wilding, Senior Business Advisor, Business Growth Hub
- Phoebe Baker, EMS Account Manager, The Pilot Group
Additional speakers to be confirmed.
This webinar is open to all business leaders and those interested in the impact of energy prices on organisations, across the UK.Watch webinar
WATCH REPLAY - Managing cash & costs in a crisis
The Federation of Small Businesses recently suggested that up to 500,000 businesses are at risk of failing as a direct result of the cost of living crisis.
In this session, our expert panel will explore the causes of the crisis, the impact on small businesses and what owners and senior managers can do to mitigate the effects.
Key areas that the panel will cover include:
- What is driving UK cost increases?
How is this impacting on small businesses?
- How can business owners tackle the impact of rising costs?
- What options and remedies are available to small businesses?
If these questions sound familiar book your place now and get informative insights into the crisis as well as practical guidance and advice.
Chaired by Philip Hargreaves – Head of Access to Finance, GC Business Growth Hub, panellists include:
- Rupert Greenhalgh – Head of Business Intelligence, Business Growth Hub
- Shelim Rahman – SME Partner, Beever and Struthers Chartered Accountants and Business Advisors
- Ian Dixon, Access to Finance Specialist
This webinar is open to business leaders and those interested in the impact of energy prices on organisations.
WATCH REPLAY - Reduce Costs, Enhance Efficiency, Improve Productivity, and Maximise Profits
Reducing costs and increasing returns for SMEs.
In the current high-cost environment finding the means to reduce operating costs while enhancing internal efficiency can lead to improving business productivity and maximising profits. All businesses are facing questions such as:
- How do I reduce waste in my business and optimise efficiency?
- Can I enhance cash flow and focus on quality at the same time? While remaining a lean business?
- How do I adopt a learning culture and increase productivity?
If these questions sound familiar to you then join our webinar and panellists for a discussion focussed on leveraging tools, techniques and thinking that will help you answer these important questions.
- Sam Booth – Chief Executive at Pro Manchester
- Nick Brandwood – Manufacturing Advisor at the Business Growth Hub
- Salma Chaudhry – Innovation Advisor at the Business Growth Hub
- Paul Wareham – Policy Lead, North West, Federation of Small Businesses
- Martin Kirkham, Managing Director at Rapid Colour Services Ltd
WATCH REPLAY - Change leadership – stay ahead of the curve
What impact will the current economic climate and the challenges have on your business? Leadership needs to be resilient and able to face the changing conditions as costs rise across the board.
Join us to hear from leading practitioners and business people as they discuss issues around leadership, and the problems leaders face. The panellists will cover, among others, the following topics:
- Leadership resilience
- Employee engagement and understanding the impact of change on your people
- Cross skilling and pivoting in challenging times
- How innovation and culture is key to good leadership
Our current panellists include:
- Chair – Paul Hamlin – Business Advisor, People, Skills and Talent team, The Growth Company
- Kathryn Shuttleworth – Managing Director, The Parently Group Ltd
- Jaan Scott - Director, Matchbox Associates Ltd
- Denis Treacy - Mentor, Leadership Hive Mentoring
This webinar is open to all business leaders and those interested in the impact of increasing costs on organisations.Watch webinar
WATCH REPLAY - Skills Development in a Changing World
The rising cost of doing business doesn't mean investment in training has to stop.
Join this session for an overview of the Skills for Growth programme, including practical insight on how the programme has been used by a local business to support staff development and the impact the training has had on the individuals and the organisation.
Our panellists will also explore key issues and help you answer questions such as:
- What do you think the key skills are for SMEs during this cost of living crisis?
- What are the key ways to engage, motivate and retain staff?
- How do you fit training in when you are busy, and when money is tight is it important?
- What benefits have you seen from training and what are the top training requests asked for?
- How does developing the workforce help with staff retention?
- Have you noticed increased productivity/efficiency?
- How can I multi-skill staff to adapt to change and be more agile?
Chaired by Tom Pickford, Partnership and Integration Manager, Business Growth Hub, speakers include:
- Jane Taylor, Senior Skills Coach, Skills for Growth, Business Growth Hub
- Alison Griffies, Health and Safety and Quality Manager, Macpac Ltd
- Joanne Norbury, Skills Coach, Skills for Growth, Business Growth Hub
- Chloe Ramsden, Business Development Manager, Alliance Learning
- Nick Brandwood, Manufacturing Business Adviser, Business Growth Hub
WATCH REPLAY - Health and financial wellbeing in today’s economy
With the cost of living crisis and looming recession, where can organisations find support in maintaining a healthy and thriving workforce throughout this challenging time?
Join our panel of experts for insight and practical guidance on topics such as:
- Creating a financial wellbeing strategy and developing an awareness programme to support employees
- Reviewing rewards and benefits offering to retain staff
- The importance of training managers to ensure a culture of support
- How to support the mental health of employees so the financial crisis doesn’t impact on their health and performance.
Chaired by Tom Pickford, Partnership and Integration Manager, Business Growth Hub, current panellists include:
- Maria Mander, Health and Wellbeing Specialist, Skills For Growth Programme
- Philip Dyer, Founder, Healthy Leaders Ltd
- Claire Wood, Owner/Director, Datesand
- Justina Best, Regional Strategic Partnership Manager, Brewin Dolphin
This webinar is open to all business leaders and those interested in maintaining a healthy and financially stable workforce.Watch webinar
WATCH REPLAY - Market Opportunities
Using the methodology that helped google, we will talk businesses through the “Sprint Methodology” that helps leaders unlock their growth potential. We will then take a quick tour of the key geographies that offer opportunities for growth, highlight their potential, bust a few myths and signpost the support that is available.
- Introductions to speakers
- Introduction to the “Sprint Methodology” & how to use it to explore growth opportunities for your business
- Trends, Opportunities & How To Access Support In key geographies
- Phil Blair – Growth Company
- Sean Sankey- Founder & CEO Much Clearer
- Christiane Hutchinson – Founder & CEO Biramis
- Christos Kottis, Export Manager, Department For International Trade
- Shelah Hassan – Manchester India Partnership
- Yunyang Xia, Project Manager, Manchester China Forum
WATCH REPLAY - Salary Sacrifice
We are inviting GM Business Leaders to join our 90-minute webinar exploring Salary Sacrifice schemes and asking how they can be financially beneficial to both Employees and Employers at a time when every penny counts. We will be joined by HR Associate Gemma Fyfe who will be helping us to navigate different types of Salary Sacrifice Schemes and bringing to life how implementing them into your business doesn’t need to be complicated and can transform your staff benefits package. We will also be discussing alternate schemes with a Credit Union representative (to be confirmed) and finishing with some fantastic resources and Q&A. If you don’t currently have a benefit scheme in place for your employees, why not join us and see why you should?
- What is it? – Exploring different types of Salary Sacrifice/ Exchange Schemes.
- Why should I do it? – Mutually beneficial NIC (National Insurance Contributions) savings & more…
- How do I implement it?
- Alternative staff benefit solutions – Attract, retain & support your people.
Clare Davis – Business Advisor – BGH
Stephen Harding – Partner at Beever and Struthers Accountancy
Mark Brazendale – CEO Salford Credit Union
Gemma Fyfe - Senior HR Advisor – HR DeptWatch webinar