To celebrate Green GB Week, the government has shared a list of ten useful resources to help businesses reduce their emissions and help to tackle climate change.
The country’s first Green GB Week runs from 15-19 October 2018 and will see a week of events and activity to promote opportunities that reduce emissions, grow the low carbon economy and create a better environment.
To kick off proceedings on 15 October, the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) published ten steps for businesses:
1. Prevent waste through reusing and recycling by looking at Business in the Community’s circular office resources and WRAP’s recycling guide for offices
2. Cut energy use by exploring the Carbon Trust’s report on maximising energy savings in an office environment
3. Get a Smart Meter by going to Smart Energy GB or speaking to your energy supplier directly
4. Improve buildings by reading the Carbon Trust’s Building Fabric Guide
5. Review your vehicle fleet following guidance from The Energy Saving Trust
6. Engage with employees by downloading the Smart Energy GB and Carbon Trust employers’ guide to raise energy efficiency awareness
7. Prioritise action at board level using the Energy Reduction for Boards and Directors guide from the Energy Managers Association
8. Find out if your business can benefit from ‘green’ tax reliefs
9. Find out if your business can benefit from government investment
10. Understand the long-term risks and opportunities of climate change with the Taskforce for Climate Related Financial Disclosure’s knowledge hub.
Businesses are also being encouraged to explore the Green GB Week toolkit for ideas on how to take part in Green GB Week.