The event is being organised in collaboration with United Utilities to help stimulate the market to develop new ideas for innovation in the water industry.
An overview of the funding opportunities available for new technologies will be supported by a number of case studies to illustrate how funding has been used in practice, covering the following topics:
- United Utilities: aims and aspirations around innovation and new product development in the North West
- UK Public Funding: funding available to accelerate economic growth by stimulating and supporting business-led innovation using a wide range of different mechanisms
- European Funding: public funding schemes from local and national sources through to the European Commission’s Framework Programme for R&D and Horizon 2020
- Private Finance: bringing together financial backing of institutional investors to facilitate and accelerate technology development
- Early stage investment: investments for start-up or early-stage companies seeking investment funding in the water and energy sectors
- Guidance and Advice for Growth: identifying new ways to source and pitch for investment to help businesses expand, move into new markets and explore new products and services
- Commercialising Innovation: intellectual property rights including patents, copyright, industrial design rights, trademarks, routes to market commercialisation and R&D tax.
The event will also include an open advice surgery with industry experts and other networking opportunities.
For more information, or to book a place, click here.