The Oldham Festival for Business will feature a special business breakfast on 6 May focused on the benefits of energy efficiency and developing sustainable resources.
The event, which is sponsored by Lancashire-based energy brokers, LG Energy, will provide information and advice for employers looking to exploit the benefits of improved energy and resource efficiency.
It forms part of the month-long Festival for Business taking place in Oldham during May 2015, led by the Oldham Business Leadership Group (OBLG), in partnership with Oldham Council and the Business Growth Hub.
'North West focus'
Dave Benstead, chairman of OBLG, said: “Following the success of last year’s festival, we are delighted to put together a bigger and better programme of events for 2015.
“The Oldham Festival for Business will give businesses of all sizes the chance to make connections, exchange ideas, promote their products, create new partnerships and seek new sources of finance.
“While it is obviously a celebration of Oldham businesses, the programme will be of interest to the entire North West business community.”
The business breakfast will be held at the recently opened GM University Technical College in Oldham, which specialises in college education for sustainable engineering and digital technology, and includes expert speakers from LG Energy and the Business Growth Hub’s Green Growth team.
- 08.00 – Arrival, networking and breakfast
- 08.30 – Welcome by OBLG
- 08.40 – Welcome to The GM - Khurum Sardar (Asst Principal of STEM subjects)
- 08.55 – The GM – a student’s perspective – Jonathan Cowling (Year 12 Student)
- 09.00 – The Business Growth Hub’s Green Growth Service – Alasdair Dalzel-Job
- 09.20 – Energy Best Practice: what should end users be doing – Asif Rizvi and Omar Rahiem from LG Energy
- 09.40 – Event close by OBLG
- 09.45 – Optional tour of the GM
To register for a place on the event, click here.