Environmental charity, Ashden, has teamed up with engineering consultancy, Arup, to provide a one-day conference to explore ideas and solutions for tackling energy demand in buildings.
The event, Tackling energy demand and management to achieve real reduction in non-domestic buildings, will take place in London on Wednesday 10 February 2016.
Chaired by renowned environmentalist, Sir Jonathan Porritt, the event will include keynote addresses from organisations like Marks & Spencer and the National Trust, who will share how they have successfully reduced their energy consumption and benefitted from knock-on impacts such as lasting cost savings, healthier workplaces and enhanced reputation.
There will also be an accompanying exhibition and networking opportunities through a range of workshops, covering:
- How to engage your organisation and employees in reducing energy use
- How to design and implement an energy reduction plan
- How to save energy when you don’t own your building
- Using refurbishment and building commissioning to embed energy reduction and resilience
- Making buildings work for occupants – bringing wellbeing and energy efficiency together under one roof
- How to secure senior buy-in and use energy efficiency to support your bottom line.
Previous winners of Ashden Awards will also showcase effective energy management and energy efficiency solutions, including ENWORKS – which won an Ashden Award for energy efficiency in 2007.
Book a place
The event will run from 9.30am to 5.30pm at Arup headquarters in London on Wednesday 10 February. A 10 per cent discount is available with the code ashdendiscount.
For further information on the workshops and to book a place, click here.