Energy tariff comparison site, Love Energy Savings, is launching an awards scheme to champion businesses of all sizes that are demonstrating dedication to energy efficiency.
The inaugural Love Energy Awards 2015 aims to recognise those businesses that endeavour to save money and reduce their impact on the environment by curbing their energy consumption on a consistent basis.
The Awards are open to businesses of all sizes and sectors, with categories including:
- SME Saver: businesses with less than 250 employees that are making an effort to improve energy efficiency
- Start-Up Saver: businesses under 24 months old that have maintained energy saving practices from day one
- Super Saver: businesses with over 250 employees or manufacturers that use energy on a large scale
- Innovative Saver: businesses that have introduced a single innovative practice to increase energy efficiency or reduce carbon emissions
- Star of the Future: public sector businesses that are passionate about saving energy (for example community groups or schools)
- Best Building Manager: for businesses responsible for the energy use of others
- Everyday Hero: for sole traders or individuals that go above and beyond to reduce energy consumption in their workplace.
In recent interview with Love Energy Savings, experts from ENWORKS outlined some best practices for energy efficient business and how the mindset to saving energy is changing in businesses due to external pressures from customers and stakeholders.
A new guide to energy efficiency for SMEs, produced by the Department of Energy and Climate Change in collaboration with ENWORKS, can be found here.
Applicants do not need to provide details of bills or monthly energy consumption to be eligible for a Love Energy Award; only provide a description of what efforts are being made to make energy savings.
Applications close at midnight on 31 May. To find out more, click here.