Date: 7th September 2015
Location: The Rural Business Centre, Myerscough College, Bilsborrow, Preston, Lancashire, PR3 0RY
Time: 9:00am - 1:00pm
Theme: Business Strategy, Open new markets & Export, Start a business
Sorry this event has already taken place - please see our forthcoming events list
This September you have the opportunity to attend an ERDF fully-funded series of short, interactive and practical masterclasses designed to improve your business processes.
You will receive high-level support from an expert manufacturing mentor to develop a strategic and tailored action plan to implement across your business.
The masterclass workshops will be delivered in small groups and are specifically designed for business leaders. The series includes three workshops to be held on the following dates:
7th September, 9am - 1pm
22nd September, 1pm - 5pm
29th September, 9am - 1pm
You will need to be able to attend at least two of the workshops or have a colleague to attend on your behalf. The workshops will cover the following topics:
Vision and Strategy
• Defining strategy and strategic capability
• Where are you now?
• The strategy clock
• Generating a new strategic offering
• Understanding your customers to ensure you get them and keep them
• How do you reach your customers?
• Activity mapping for strategy
• Costs and revenue streams
• Action plan for redeveloping your strategy
• Introduction to organisational culture
• Who remembers great managers?
• Favourite leaders and their words
• What is leadership and why is it important?
• If things changed, how would things be better?
• The virtuous circle
• Who, do and by when? Responsibility and discretion.
• Leadership styles explored
• Who is in your corner?
• How you can motivate your team?
• Why mission statements have lost focus?
• Action plan for your own change programme
New Product Development/Process/Service Development
• Kick starting the creative process
• Three critical elements for a new offering
• Customer groups
• Problem identification
• Random word
• The role of quality
• Value profiling
• Action plan for running your own creativity session