Employing with confidence
Date: 8th June 2023
Time: 10:00am - 1:00pm
Theme: People, Skills & Talent, Leadership & Mentoring
What you need to know in advance to be ready to employ with confidence
- Understanding ‘employment status’ (self-employed, worker or employee) and how to know what to do and type of contract to issue
- Tips for job advertisements and avoiding risks when recruiting
- Legal requirements for pre-employment checks (Right to Work etc.)
- Understanding different contract types and supporting documents (what is legally required and what else can be included)
- Statutory employment policies and benefits including Auto Enrolment Pension
- Complying with GDPR requirements when recruiting and taking on employees
- Induction and probationary periods and how to get the best start with your new employee
You’ll be provided after the event with a complimentary copy of a comprehensive online HR Admin guide to support you when you are ready to employ.
Attendees will come away with an understanding of what to think about when taking on staff, processes to have in place, standard forms and contracts that will smooth the way and the confidence in having robust policies.
The session is designed for businesses that are in their first three years of trading, who are growing their business and need staff to achieve this. Only eligible for start ups who have been through start smart or businesses in GM who are employing or ready to employ staff
- Introduction, H&S, Aims & objectives of the session
- Overview of taking on staff and why businesses should consider developing their processes to ensure legal compliance
- Discussion of legal documents
- Pensions and auto enrolment
- The importance of GDPR and how to get ready to comply
Where is it?