Date: 10th - 24th May 2023
Location: Trafford Park
Time: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Theme: Sustainability, Operational efficiency
Sorry this event has already taken place - please see our forthcoming events list
In 2019 the UK became the first major nation to commit to reducing greenhouse gas emissions to net zero. We all now face new responsibilities and risks, but also new opportunities to grow and benefit from greener and more efficient ways of working. Stay ahead of the competition and capitalise on the opportunities ahead!
Via group workshops, study material and expert advice, environmental specialists will support you in building a strategic plan to cut your carbon footprint, reduce costs, minimise risk and capitalise on the many opportunities awaiting you in the net zero world.
On completion of the programme, learners will have the opportunity to gain a Level 3 qualification from Ascentis. The Low Carbon Skills: Journey to Net Zero programme has also been assessed and verified by the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA) and The Growth Company is an approved IEMA training centre. On completion of the course, learners will be able to gain 21 hours of IEMA certified CPD credits.
Day 1 Wed 10th May 2023 09.00 – 17.00
Climate Change and You
- Explain what causes climate change, and how it impacts the environment and businesses.
- Define key ‘net zero’ terms and understand what they mean for businesses.
- Make the business case for awareness and action on the net zero agenda.
Carbon Foot Printing
- Explain why calculating your footprint is important in order to make meaningful net zero targets.
- Start gathering relevant data for calculating your carbon footprint.
- Weigh up different ways to report your carbon footprint and identify the best one for you.
Day 2 Wed 17th May 2023 09.00 – 17.00
Resource Efficiency and Transport
- Make a business case for good resource management.
- Identify practical steps that can be applied to deliver cost effective resource efficiency improvements that cut your carbon footprint.
- Recognise the impact of transport emissions.
- Compare the options and incentives for sustainable travel choices.
Developing an Engaged Workforce
- Identify different staff personalities and motivations.
- Proactively engage with resistant staff.
- Develop an effective staff engagement programme.
Your Impacts and Environmental Policy
- Identify business activities with respect to their environmental aspects and impacts.
- Identify your significant impacts and prioritise areas for action.
- Create and implement a tailored and relevant environmental policy statement.
Day 3 Wed 24th May 2023 09.00 – 17.00
Risk in Your Supply Chain
- Assess risk within your supply chain.
- Engage with your supply chain to support your Journey to Net Zero.
- Understand how value chain drivers can impact the way you demonstrate your green credentials.
- Set and prioritise achievable targets.
- Build on short and long-term action planning.
- Build an effective reporting regime.
- Use the appropriate green credentials and avoid greenwashing.
Bio of Deliverer
Catriona Watson is an experienced Learning & Development professional, trainer, facilitator and learning content designer. She is committed to Greater Manchester achieving a sustainable thriving economy and working towards it’s 2038 Net Zero goal.
Prior to joining The Growth Company, Catriona worked for PwC UK, Rethinking Economics, Trafford Housing Trust, and Wythenshawe Community Housing Group.
Where is it?