Date: 14th March 2023
Location: Central Manchester
Time: 9:30am - 12:30pm
Theme: Open new markets & Export, Business Strategy
Sorry this event has already taken place - please see our forthcoming events list
Working with the Middle East
Practical insights and cultural information for those UK based companies who are wanting to expand internationally to work with countries in the Middle East.
This session will look at 3 key areas designed to set businesses wanting to work with the Middle East up for success.
- An Introduction to the Middle East. Countries in the region. General overview of important local information.
- International fluency in the Middle East. Intercultural differences which will impact the way we work with clients in the Middle East and how to prepare for these differences. This will include communication styles, hierarchy, how people manage time and meetings,
- Potential pitfalls and how to avoid these. Areas to be particularly careful with when working with clients in the Middle East, including both practical and cultural norms that we need to recognise.
The session will be a combination of training delivery, hands-on activities, and time for reflection and planning to ensure success in the region. The session will be engaging and interactive, with practical examples and useful tips to take away.
Attendees Will Learn:
- An understanding of the region, along with key information about the local culture and what to prepare for.
- Practical tips that will help attendees effectively engage in meetings and business projects with people in the region, including general information concerning making connections and building relationships, as well as details on how to manage meetings and ongoing negotiations.
- An understanding of some of the main areas to prepare for and what we can do to avoid common problems for businesses working in the region.
Bio of Deliverer
Kellie Noon has recently joined the Growth Company to provide more support on the Global Scale Up programme which she has worked with for the past few years.
Kellie has run a training provider specialising in global communications and business since 2014 and has worked with organisations across the globe predominantly on international business development including cross-cultural management and communications training.
Kellie’s work encourages a holistic understanding and integration of multi-national and multi-lingual teams and an understanding of global differences to encourage understanding and growth.
Our Workshops are part-funded by European Regional Development Fund. The workshops are delivered free of charge to participants; however, as they are fully-funded, they are classed as state aid to participating businesses and are subject to state aid rules.
- Business based in Greater Manchester.
- SME - Small or medium enterprise i.e.: less than 249 employees
- Annual Turnover less than 50 Million Euro OR Balance Sheet less than 43 million Euro.