Date: 15th November 2022
Time: 9:00am - 4:00pm
Theme: People, Skills & Talent, Digital & Technology
Two online workshops (each 6 hours) that show business leaders (or the digital leaders within a business) how they can use data to help drive value into, and help to grow their business.
It is relevant for those simply wanting to make things more visible and improve reporting. It is also for those requiring a more advanced use of data such as identifying how to do more for their customers and transforming the way people work.
The workshops will contain practical exercises, group discussions, periods of own-work (e.g. completing a diagnostic framework), and regular breaks.
In the period between the workshops Attendees will be asked to follow workbook guided practical exercises.
This is a 2-day programme, held on the 8th and 15th November, from 10:00 - 16:00 both days.
Workshop 1. How business value and growth is driven by data
Attendees will hear about the different ways in which businesses in general approach adding value and growth, and how data is used to that effect.
They will then be provided with a diagnostic framework that will help them to identify how data could be used to add value and drive growth within their own businesses – and to pinpoint where value and growth are likely to be realised.
Attendees will define the data they need and be guided through creating a roadmap for using data which pulls together their ambitions for the business, the growth opportunity, definitions for the data needed, and how it will be sourced and used.
Between the workshops
Attendees will follow a workbook involving practical exercises to help them get to grips with sourcing the data they will need.
Workshop 2. Getting hands on the data and putting it to work
This is a technical workshop during which Attendees will be shown how to source data and use commonly used tools available from Microsoft and Google to organise the data they capture.
They will then be shown how to manipulate data in an Excel spreadsheet, and in dedicated data visualisation applications, to provide the visibility and insight they will be seeking.
Finally, they will be shown how to use data they have captured to produce trends, predictions and forecasts.
Attendees will learn about the potential for data to help increase value within a business and deliver growth, plus the steps, tools and methods involved.
They will take away:
- A goal for using data to drive growth within their own business, plus a roadmap outlining what they will need to do, and the tools and skills required.
- Experience of data capture and analysis using commonly available tools.
- Reassurance that much of what’s needed is within their capability, or the capability of Colleagues within their business.
- Reassurance also that support is readily available should it be needed.
To be eligible, businesses must be:
- Based in Greater Manchester
- Business 2 business - Business 2 consumer businesses are ineligible due to ERDF guidelines
- SME - Small or medium enterprise i.e.: less than 249 employees
- Annual Turnover less than 50 Million Euro, Balance Sheet less than 43 million Euro
Where is it?
This event will take place on Zoom.