Start Smart: Start Up Loans - Build Your Business Plan D4
Date: 6th October 2022
Time: 9:30am - 12:30pm
Theme: Start a business, Business Strategy, Operational efficiency
Sorry this event has already taken place - please see our forthcoming events list
When applying for a start-up loan, the loan providers want to know all about your business. They will ask you about your product or service, what market research you have carried out and will ask you about your financial forecast.
If you have never put a business plan together before, then this course is going to help you understand what to put in your plan and will also look at other sources of funding to consider.
This is a 12-hour course delivered over 4 weeks and is fully funded (no cost to you).
There are strict criteria for offering you a place on this course.
To apply, you must:
- Be willing to attend all 4 sessions – they are delivered online every Thursday morning (9.30 – 12.30) Starting September 15th 2022 - October 6th 2022
- Be a business that is about to start OR is in the first 3 years of trading
- Be a resident of Greater Manchester
Thu 15th September
Exploring Your Business Idea - Business Planning:
- Developing skills to running a business
- Introduction to business
- Sources of funding
- Start up costs
- Things to consider
Thu 22nd September
Cash Flow, Costs, Breakeven and Pricing:
- Legal regulations
- Pricing and costing
- Legal structures
- Business Planning
Thu 29th September
- What is your product or service?
- Who are your customers?
- Finding out more about your customers
- Analysing your competitors
Thu 6th October
- Cash flow forecasting what it is
- What information you need to put into it
- Where to put the information
- Personal Survival budget
- How to put it together
Our Workshops are part-funded by European Regional Development Fund. They are delivered free of charge to participants; however, as they are fully-funded, they are classed as state aid to participating businesses and are subject to state aid rules and the associated eligibility criteria:
Greater Manchester Clients Only
SME: Small or medium enterprise i.e. less than 250 (Full Time Equivalent) employees
Annual Turnover less than 50 Million Euro OR Balance Sheet less than 43 million Euro
Where is it?
This event will take place on Zoom.