Date: 25th May 2022
Location: Central Manchester
Time: 9:30am - 12:30pm
Theme: Business Strategy, Digital & Technology, People, Skills & Talent
Sorry this event has already taken place - please see our forthcoming events list
Strategically Build your Brand & run your business on the go.
‘Business on the Go’ is a tailored programme aimed at supporting Greater Manchester based SME businesses. This fully funded programme is ideally suited to businesses situated within the eCommerce, retail/wholesale, fashion, lifestyle and consultancy service sectors.
We make it our responsibility to encourage businesses to manage themselves whilst ‘on the go’ and working remotely, from their mobiles/tablets/laptops with appropriate tools, data, dashboards and more.
This exciting programme will be delivered from May 18th to June 15th 2022, (7 workshops in total over 4 days, 24 hours total) in Central Manchester and will cover a range of topics from business strategy, digital marketing, sustainability through to finance, identifying USPs and competitive advantages.
Our interactive and engaging workshop sessions will encourage collaborative working, as well as providing an opportunity to learn from other budding entrepreneurs.
Upon providing your details, our experienced advisors will also be on hand to offer intensive one-to-one tailored support, helping you to develop your skills and build your business the right way.
As well as covering the basics of business, this fully funded programme will equip you to:
Create an actionable marketing strategy, tailored to your business: covering digital and other forms of promotion.
Carry out a deep dive of your business model, allowing you to create a bespoke growth strategy.
Focus on your brand and develop the right 'image' for you and your business.
Workshop 1: Day 1 Business Strategy 4 Growth Wednesday 18th May (09:30-16:30)
- Customer segments – the importance of profiling, who is your customer and what are the core ‘characteristics’ to consider.
- Value proposition
- Customer relationships (Prospecting)
- Channels/Distribution Channels
- Revenue streams
- Cost structure
- Key resources & partners
- Growth Strategies and vision – implications on business model
- Core metrics – focused and aligned for growth: interdependence of metrics
Workshop 2: Day 2 All things Finance Wednesday 25th May(09:30-12:30)
- Cash Flow/Profit-Loss-Breakeven (Differentials in Business Planning/Accounting to maximise and optimise profits)
- Margin calculator
- Pricing (Greatest Profit lever)
- Digital Accounting/Dashboards and tools for Forecasting/Operations etc.
Workshop 3: Day 2 Unique Selling Propositions & Competitive Advantages Wednesday 25th May (13:30 – 16:30)
- How is your business Unique
- What are your competitive advantages (& how are these delivered)?
- Importance and relevance of Storytelling to get the point across and make it relatable
- E-Scooter case study
Workshop 4: Day 3 Demystifying Sustainability and Ethical Business Wednesday 8th June (09:30 - 12:30)
- Moving away from ethical/sustainable as a buzz word to genuine impact (Avoiding “Green Washing”)
- B Corp influence and accreditation
- Circular Sourcing
- Unintended consequences/ impacts of getting sustainability wrong – the need to look at the whole business model and cycle: (how failure to look at a certain aspect of the business could cause unintended environmental/ social damage)
- Reputational Damage
Workshop 5: Day 3 Maximising Online Digital Presence and Sales Wednesday 8th June (3:30 – 16:30)
- How to Maximise Brand Awareness (Key challenge)
- Traffic driving activities
- Target markets and consumers (Building a following) – linked to business model
- Maximising return on investment (ROI/ROA) through monitoring effectiveness and conversions
Workshop 6: Day 4 The Importance of Storytelling Wednesday 15th June (09:30 – 12:30)
- Good stories are easy to understand. They're also told in a language that matches the way the intended audience communicates, so they don't need to spend time interpreting and then absorbing. Simplicity also aides in memorability because the overall lesson is easy to grasp.
- Story telling is softer and more relatable way of “Selling” an idea, a service, product or even yourself, this is a more palatable and subtle way of helping people buy rather than to try and overtly hard sell.
Workshop 7: Day 4 Meet the Founders Wednesday 15th June (13:30-16:30)
- An opportunity to hear from founders of established online retail businesses, understand their journey, and ask questions about what they’ve learned.
This programme of support is for Greater Manchester-based SME online, retail, wholesale businesses that have been trading for up to three years.
Note: attendance at all sessions is mandatory for completion of the programme
REGISTRATIONS NOW OPEN!
Delivered by industry leading experts
This is an opportunity to learn from the best. Our team of advisors includes Chris Bate, who has more than 30+ years of senior level, global corporate and consultancy experience within highly competitive sports, fashion, footwear and apparel markets for brands, such as Nike, Wolverine, French Connection and Under Armour
Where is it?