Start Smart: Growing Your Small Business - April Workshop Series (1)
Date: 13th April 2022
Time: 9:30am - 12:30pm
Theme: Start a business, Business Strategy, Operational efficiency
Sorry this event has already taken place - please see our forthcoming events list
Have you recently started your business and want to consolidate and explore moving to the next level? This Start Smart workshop will help you gain insight into the basics all businesses should have in place, as well as hints, tips and ideas of how to move your business forward. You will have the opportunity to gain valuable insights from other new business owners including challenges and strategies they have used to overcome these.
12th April - Exploring Your Business Idea - Business Planning:
- Business costs and employing staff
- Premises/Business location
- Sources of Finance and Tax - doing the right thing with HMRC
13th April - Cash Flow, Costs, Breakeven and Pricing:
- Cash Flow Management
- Financial Terms, what does it all mean
- Costs, breakeven and Pricing
19th April - Marketing Strategy:
- What is in your business name and brand?
- Legal & Regulatory requirements
- Insurance, the considerations
20th April - Online Presence:
- Market research - assess threats and opportunities for your business
- Profiling your customers and its importance
- Search Engine recommendations and Social Media
This workshop is delivered by Start Smart Advisors, of whom have a wealth of experience supporting individuals to start and grow businesses:
Business Advisor Ashley Alletson has over 5 years’ experience of supporting start-up businesses and works closely alongside Rochdale Borough Council and Bury Council to offer business advice in a range of areas to new enterprises. With a background in start-up business finance, he specialises in supporting individuals with financial applications, business planning and cash flow forecasting, as well as other areas, delivering advice to help grow businesses in the early stage and reach their full potential.
Where is it?
This event will take place on Zoom.