Date: 28th September 2021
Location: Workplace, Manchester City Centre
Time: 9:30am - 3:30pm
Theme: Operational efficiency, Business Strategy
Sorry this event has already taken place - please see our forthcoming events list
Over £800 billion is awarded through public sector tendering each year, with billions more procured in the private sector. Because of the prizes available, tendering is highly competitive and requires an all or nothing approach.
Suitable for new or seasoned bidders, the workshop is delivered by Sarah Shafiei-Sabet of Onto the Page, a bid consultancy, who have provided tender support to businesses for over 10 years. You’ll leave with proven bid management and writing skills that can be implemented straight away.
If you’re interested in your slice of the cake, you’ll need to know where to find these tenders and, more importantly, how to bid. This masterclass covers these essential areas alongside:
- The public sector tender process
- Pros and cons of bidding to the public sector
- ‘Bid readiness’ – what you’ll need to start bidding
- Capturing case studies
- Rules of engagement – how to engage with buyers
- How to effectively find public sector tender opportunities
- Marketing techniques to bring tender opportunities to you
- Accessing tender documents
- To bid, or not to bid? Building a sound business case
- Understanding what you’re bidding for
- The clarification process
- The ‘Golden Rules’ of bid management
Throughout this Masterclass, we’ll share the secrets to our over 80% world-class win rate. Areas covered include:
- Building a bid library
- Requesting and using feedback to improve
- Writing to the customer
- Using the evaluation criteria to plan, write, and review your responses
- Identifying and showcasing your win themes
- How to structure concise, high-scoring responses
- Using case studies as evidence
- Creating proposals and executive summaries
- How to add added value
- Top ten style and formatting tips.
Sarah Shafiei-Sabet is a highly experience bid writer, with over five years of experience in managing and writing bids to the public and private sector. She works with clients across all sectors and provides a full range of bid support including identifying and researching bid opportunities, authoring, bid process management, reviewing submissions and providing feedback. Drawing on past experience, Sarah can directly relate to a client’s bidding experience, and understand the frustrations and pit-falls associated with tendering; this allows her to adapt the services she provides to fully meet client’s needs. Sarah really enjoys helping small businesses get ‘bid ready’ and regularly deliver workshops and training sessions that simplify the bid process and provides usable, relevant information.
Our Workshops are part-funded by European Regional Development Funds.
Our workshops are delivered free of charge to participants; however, as they are fully-funded, they are classed as state aid to participating businesses and are subject to state aid rules and the associated eligibility criteria:
Greater Manchester Clients Only
SME: Small or medium enterprise i.e. less than 250 (Full Time Equivalent) employees
Annual Turnover less than 50 Million Euro OR Balance Sheet less than 43 million Euro