Digital City Festival 2021
Date: 20th - 23rd April 2021
Time: 9:30am - 3:30pm
Theme: Digital & Technology, People, Skills & Talent, Open new markets & Export
Sorry this event has already taken place - please see our forthcoming events list
GC Business Growth Hub is proud to support Digital City Festival 2021, as it moves online from 12-23 April to provide a truly digital experience.
A key date in the diary for Digital, Creative and Tech sector businesses, the two-week event will explore what makes a leading digital city, covering topics such as growth, productivity, skills and culture. At its core is a virtual exhibition that will feature a range of leading exhibitors from across marketing, eCommerce, tech, media as well as a full programme of keynotes, panel discussions, masterclasses and networking opportunities. The event will be hosted online via the Digital City Network and will be open to the global digital community.
As part of the festival, we are proud to host three insightful events, which will bring together industry professionals and thought leaders to discuss the challenges and opportunities facing the digital economy, going global in 2021 and unlocking digital economy investment.
In addition to our flagship events, we'll also be delivering a series of five International Spotlight sessions in partnership with MIDAS. These events will give insights into Manchester's international relationships and give advice to businesses considering global market expansion.
KEYNOTE SESSION - SHAPING THE FUTURE: ACCELERATING THE POWER OF THE DIGITAL ECONOMY
Tuesday 13 April at 10:00 am
Greater Manchester has a £5 billion digital economy, which employs over 86,000 people and is home to the largest creative and digital cluster outside London. Over the past 12 months, Covid-19 has accelerated the digital economy's rise through rapid digital transformation across all sectors, both locally and internationally and with this comes a real opportunity for the region.
Join us for an insightful discussion hosted by Richard Gregory, Founder of AgencyNXD and a panel of industry-leading businesses as they reflect on the digital acceleration journey so far, examine current trends, and discuss the emerging opportunities and challenges currently facing the region's digital economy.
- Richard Gregory - Founder, NXD Agency (Moderator)
- Sarah Novotny – Digital Creative and Tech Sector Business Support Lead, GC Business Growth Hub
- Warren Middleton – Senior Partner, KPMG
- Lorna Davidson – Founder and CEO, RedWigWam
- Katy Leeson - Managing Director, Social Chain
IS 2021 THE YEAR TO GO GLOBAL?
Thursday 15 April at 11:00 am
With digitalisation spreading and accelerating at speed, there has never been a more apt time to go international and reach new markets with your business. In this session, we will take a closer look at how both the private and public sectors can unite and leverage the current digitalisation trend to expand internationally.
- Richard Jeffery – National Director, GC Business (Moderator)
- Cameron Lee – Director, Total Processing
- Dhaval Gore – Head of the Mayor’s International Business Programme, London & Partners
- Inge Wijnja – Global Partnerships Manager, The Next Web
- Christos Kottis – Export Manager, Department for International Trade
GOING GLOBAL INTERNATIONAL SPOTLIGHT SESSIONS
This series of events will shine a spotlight on Manchester’s growing tech cluster and explore links with other major tech cities around the world. Each event will give businesses who are looking to expand internationally the opportunity to get insights on Manchester’s overseas’ relationships, understand more about international markets and hear directly from experts and businesses who have successfully set up in those markets.
Hear from city experts and get direct advice on potential opportunities and how best to approach international market expansion.
- Phoenix, USA - 19 April at 4pm Register Now
- Osaka, Japan - 20 April at 9am Register Now
- Austin, USA - 20 April at 3pm Register Now
- Melbourne, Australia 21 April at 8am Register Now
- Dublin, Ireland - 22 April at 2pm Register Now
- Denver, USA - 22 April at 4pm Register Now
UNLOCKING & MAXIMISING DIGITAL ECONOMY INVESTMENT: HOW TO ATTRACT INVESTORS, SPEAK THEIR LANGUAGE AND MAXIMISE THEIR IMPACT
Thursday 15 April at 2:30 pm
No matter how successful your business already is, more capital and financial leverage will always be worth considering. Join our panel of industry professionals and thought leaders, as we take a closer look at the post-pandemic investment landscape and explore the options available and different approaches to securing investment.
The session will reflect on the last 12 months, examining regional and national investment landscape trends. As well as giving practical advice on investment readiness and strategic planning for the future growth of your business.
- Jess Jackson - Head of Investment, GC Business Angels (Moderator)
- Jenny Tooth OBE - Chief Executive, UK Business Angels Association (UKBAA)
- Sue Barnard - Senior Manager North West UK Network, British Business Bank
- Rishi Kapoor - Founder and CEO, Paus TV
- Guy Weaver – Director, Praetura Ventures
Where is it?
This event will take place online