Date: 11th November 2020
Location: Online Microsoft Teams
Time: 9:30am - 12:30pm
Theme: People, Skills & Talent
Recruiting the right people is a challenge faced in any organisation, but SMEs in particular may face more challenges than most with 46% reporting they struggle to find the right talent. The cost of a new hire amounts to around £30,000, so it pays to get it right. Giving focus to actions to retain your talented team members pays too. A clear staff retention strategy has a multitude of benefits including increased employee engagement, improved employee satisfaction, better customer service and greater productivity which could lead to increased revenue.
This informative and interactive 3 hour workshop will equip you with practical strategies for attracting, engaging and retaining talent within your organisation, including the new norm of recruiting and retaining staff in a virtual world. Aimed at business leaders, owner and managers, sharing of ideas and experiences is welcomed and makes for an effective peer-coaching forum and networking opportunity.
- How to write adverts that will attract the right talent, minimising bias and promoting diversity
- Strategies for reaching a wider talent audience to meet your skills set requirements and increase job applications
- Understanding, developing and promoting your ‘Employer Brand’ to increase your profile to potential candidates (and existing staff)
- Interviewing essentials – we look at how you can prepare to ensure you allow your company and candidate to shine
- Practical and attainable strategic initiatives to boost employee engagement, satisfaction and retention
- How to welcome and integrate employees through effective onboarding
- Adapting to recruiting and retaining employees in a virtual world
- Information and advice on current funded government recruitment initiatives
Who is this workshop for?
Business owners, leaders and managers in small to medium organisations with responsibility for recruitment and staff development.
Who are we?
The People, Skills and Talent Team at the Business Growth Hub in Manchester. We support 100’s of SME’s every year in areas of leadership and workforce development to help them to grow.
Our workshops are delivered free of charge to participants; however, as they are fully-funded, they are classed as state aid to participating businesses and are subject to state aid rules and the associated eligibility criteria:
Greater Manchester Clients Only
SME: Small or medium enterprise i.e. less than 250 (Full Time Equivalent) employees
Annual Turnover less than 50 Million Euro OR Balance Sheet less than 43 million Euro
(Our Workshops are part-funded by European Regional Development Funds.)