Date: 29th September - 7th October 2020
Location: Microsoft Teams
Time: 9:30am - 12:30pm
Theme: Start a business, Business Strategy, Operational efficiency
This four-part webinar will cover:
29th September - Marketing Strategy:
- What is in your business name and brand?
- Legal & Regulatory requirements
- Insurance, the considerations
30th September - Online Presence:
- Market research - assess threats and opportunities for your business
- Profiling your customers and its importance
- Search Engine recommendations and Social Media
6th October - Costs, Finance Sources, Tax and VAT:
- Business costs and employing staff
- Premises/Business location
- Sources of Finance and Tax - doing the right thing with HMRC
7th October - Cash Flow, Costs, Breakeven and Pricing:
- Cash Flow Management
- Financial Terms, what does it all mean
- Costs, breakeven and Pricing
This workshop is delivered by Start Smart Advisors, of whom have a wealth of experience supporting individuals to start and grow businesses:
Caroline has over 12 years’ experience in supporting early stage businesses to start and grow. She assists businesses with devising strategies around financial planning, market positioning and promotion. Caroline is passionate about fostering confidence and tenacity in business owners so that they can build their businesses with knowledge and insight of the latest digital platforms and marketing techniques. Qualified in Business Marketing, Finance and Management, she has assisted family members in running enterprises throughout her life and has run her own content marketing consultancy and café in the Scottish Highlands, so understands the highs and lows of self-employment.
Business Advisor Ashley Alletson has over 5 years’ experience of supporting start-up businesses and works closely alongside Rochdale Borough Council and Bury Council to offer business advice in a range of areas to new enterprises. With a background in start-up business finance, he specialises in supporting individuals with financial applications, business planning and cash flow forecasting, as well as other areas, delivering advice to help grow businesses in the early stage and reach their full potential.
Where is it?
This event will take place via Microsoft Teams