Start Smart – Growing Your Small Business In Oldham Day 1 and 2
Date: 4th - 5th March 2020
Location: Creator Space, Oldham Library & Lifelong Learning Centre, Greaves Street, Oldham, OL1 1AL
Start a business, Business Strategy, Operational efficiency
Have you recently started your business and want to consolidate and explore moving to the next level? This Start Smart workshop will help you gain insight into the basics all businesses should have in place, as well as hints, tips and ideas of how to move your business forward. You will have the opportunity to gain valuable insights from other new business owners including challenges and strategies they have used to overcome these.
This two-day event will cover:
- What is in your business name and brand?
- Legal & Regulatory requirements
- Insurance, the considerations
Market Research and Marketing:
- Market research - assess threats and opportunities for your business
- Profiling your customers and its importance
- Search Engine recommendations and Social Media
Costs, Finance Sources, Tax and VAT:
- Business costs and employing staff
- Premises/Business location
- Sources of Finance and Tax - doing the right thing with HMRC
Cash Flow, Costs, Breakeven and Pricing:
- Cash Flow Management
- Financial Terms, what does it all mean
- Costs, breakeven and Pricing
This workshop is delivered by Start Smart Advisors, ]of whom have a wealth of experience supporting individuals to start and grow businesses:
Phil brings over 6 years’ experience in setting up and growing new business, having previously established and ran his own financial services company for over 10 years. He understands many of the challenges facing businesses in their early stages. His extensive background in sales and marketing for multinational pharmaceutical organisations as well as retail and social enterprises means he is ideally placed to give your business a boost.
This workshop consists of four modules over a two-day session. To register for the full two-day programme, please use the registration form on this page. To attend individual modules, please register using the links below:
Market Research and Marketing
Costs, Finance Sources, Tax and VAT
Cash Flow, Costs, Breakeven and Pricing
Please note this workshop is subject to change.
Where is it?