Date: 3rd December 2019
Location: Central Manchester
Time: 10:00am - 4:00pm
Theme: Operational efficiency, Business Strategy
Sorry this event has already taken place - please see our forthcoming events list
Our Workshops are part-funded by European Regional Development Funds.
Our workshops are delivered free of charge to participants; however, as they are fully-funded, they are classed as state aid to participating businesses and are subject to state aid rules and the associated eligibility criteria:
Greater Manchester Clients Only
SME: Small or medium enterprise i.e. less than 250 (Full Time Equivalent) employees
Annual Turnover less than 50 Million Euro OR Balance Sheet less than 43 million Euro
- Find opportunities to bid in public/private sectors
- ‘Qualify’ opportunities; building sound business cases
- Recognise ‘golden rules’ of bidding ensuring bid process is managed in efficient and effective way
- Understand what it takes to create a winning bid, not merely a compliant one
- Identify business’s strengths, weaknesses, selling points
- Begin to create a ‘knowledge base’
Business benefits will include:
- Increased win rates; therefore business growth
- Ability to manage processes and bid contributors to ensure the best possible bid/proposal is submitted on time, every time
- Building of new skills; reaping the benefits of personal and professional development
Emma Jaques is a member of the Association of Proposal Management Professionals (APMP), through which she has been awarded Practitioner accreditation; a global standard achieved by fewer than 200 people around the world.
Emma is also a published author. Her first book, Bid Management is aimed at bid novices, whilst The Winning Bid is aimed at those with more experience in bids and tenders. Both books are published by Kogan Page.
Joining Emma is Sarah,
"Sarah Shafiei-Sabet is a highly experience bid writer, with over five years of experience in managing and writing bids to the public and private sector. She works with clients across all sectors and provides a full range of bid support including identifying and researching bid opportunities, authoring, bid process management, reviewing submissions and providing feedback. Drawing on past experience, Sarah can directly relate to a client’s bidding experience, and understand the frustrations and pit-falls associated with tendering; this allows her to adapt the services she provides to fully meet client’s needs. Sarah really enjoys helping small businesses get ‘bid ready’ and regularly deliver workshops and training sessions that simplify the bid process and provides usable, relevant information."